Faulty lambda sensor. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Faulty lambda sensor.

The problem has risen up in less than a monh since I bought the car. I bought it in Nov 2007. Since then, the check engine light comes. I visited the service many times. The diagnosis is always the same: The llambda sensor 1 after the catalyst is "lazy". So far they have changed the lambda sendor 3 times, while the third time also changed one ecu unit. The light still lights on sometimes but after a few days goes off.
My oppinion now is that the problem comes from dirty fuel and maybe fuel filter now? Pls tell me your oppinion!
Sponsored Links
County: West Midlands

Member car:

Re: Faulty lambda sensor.

I have a Blue 2.2 Brera which I've had from new June 06 and last year (Feb 08) my 'Have Engine Checked' light came on. My dealer told me not to worry and that it would go off soon. It didn't. After several attempts at various 'faulty' sensors they couldn't make the light stay off. Eventually the dealership passed it over to ARUK. Their mechanic said the 'cam chain had stretched'. To fix this they fitted a new cam chain which meant a new engine being sent from Italy, stripped down and fitted to my engine. It would have been simpler to change engines. The light has stayed out and the performance seems to be much improved.

I hope your problem isn't the same as my Brera was at the Dealership for 10 weeks before it was fixed. In that time I drove a 147, a Golf GTI and an Astra, all at Alfas expense. The hire company who supplied the cars kept wanting to change the car due to the timeframe! It was really embaressing having to explain it to friends and business colleagues everytime. Didn't do anything for Alfas reputation either. I still love my Brera though. Good luck.
AO Member
County: Greater London
Re: Faulty lambda sensor.

Originally Posted by Fed up Fred View Post
My dealer told me not to worry and that it would go off soon.
Bit of a technical expert this guy obviously!
I take it you haven't been back there since your engine was rebuilt. These people are downright dangerous.
County: Lisboa

Member car:

Thanks Fed Up Fred!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

faulty , lambda , sensor