Problem with the windows - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-09 Thread Starter
County: Bucuresti
Problem with the windows

1'st of all, i'll say Hello to everyone here, and thanks for havin me around
The reason i'm making this post is that i am worried a lot about my 159 AR. The problem could me concluded like this:
After a few days of rain, suddenly in the middle of the night the car unlocks by itself and all the 4 windows open. I went to the local service explaind the problem, and "after many tests" they said it's nothing wrong with it, and that the problem is the key ( as i read in this forum ). For a few weeks i've conforted myself that the problem was solved ( simply keep the key out of water and tight pokets) . Until came a period with 3 days of non'stop raining, that THING happend again but the key was nowhere near the car, i left for the mall with the key in my poket and the car was parked at home.
I have used the "Search" function about 5 times before writing this post, and i havent foun what i was looking for.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Problem with the windows

My brera did similar whilst I was away at Christmas. I disconnected the battery as instructed by the dealer (as it was always going flat and I was going to be away for 6 weeks). When I returned I found the passenger door unlocked (i had locked car manually) and when i opened the drivers door both passenger and drivers door dropped an inch and refused to stay up every time door open. Then the error message "anti pinch system failure" and "alarm failure" kept displaying. Finally when I stopped to refuel the battery died and this was a fully charged battery a week before I disconnected! The AA patrol found a massive drain when car switched off but the dealer had checked all this after the battery failed twice earlier and told me there was no drain...
County: Lancashire

Member car:

159 1.9jtdm

My 159 has just spent 3 days in the dealers for this problem
It turned out to be window trap sensors and micro switches
They tell me that the windows were telling the car that something was trapped in the window so the car was letting all four windows down by itself
All sorted now and no further problems ( touch wood )

Re Brerabuyer's battery problems - this sounds very similar to the trouble I had with mine in the beginning. The dealer could find nothing wrong but the battery would drain within 24 - 36 hours. When the battery gets low it seems to trigger all sorts of seemingly random and expensive-sounding fault messages. The one thing it never said was 'battery low'. A new battery solved the problem completely.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

problem , windows