motorway driving or country roads ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Highlands
motorway driving or country roads ?

i might be biased living in the scottish highlands but i think the alfa was born for these type of roads it is just sublime on the twisty hilly bends ,it coasts along the single track roads like no other car ive owned ,steering well balanced,sure footed,accelerates out of corners giving you a feeling of confidence.lovely tone of the engine (even for a diesel) when you drop down a gear for overtaking .
i think on the motorway it could be any other car ,so all you city slickers you dont know what your missing unless you get out there into the country where these italian beautys really belong.
Sponsored Links
Re: motorway driving or country roads ?

Both roads have their merits. The 1.9JTD is smooth and quiet on the motorway, relaxing and comforting, plenty of grunt to overtake without bothering to change down, nice to just sit there and listen to music while doing hurrumpty mph arriving relaxed and unstressed.

It's equally at home on the twistes, booting it out of corners on mountain and valley roads, traction control cutting in, flying by the seat of your pants and trusting that blind bend doesn't have a biker cutting the corner or splattered with slippy muck.

Oh praise to Alfa Romeo and another self-fellating thread about how great our cars are!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

country , driving , motorway , roads