New 159 1.8 with 200 bhp to be launched soon. - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -
Re: New 159 1.8 with 200 bhp to be launched soon.

Originally Posted by ray951 View Post
Having invented common rail its a shame that FIAT seem to have lost their lead, I guess they get more money from selling the technology than keeping it to themselves.

The 330i I had was a Petrol so obviously didn't have a DPF. But I have had plenty of other BMW's with DPF since 2004 (530d, 330d, 120d etc) and have had no problem with either the DPF or fuel economy. For example 330d Auto Saloon would average about 38 mpg. And in case you are wondering how I had all these cars in such a short space of time before I had the 159 I worked for BMW and use to get about 5 new cars a year.
In Italy the 2.0 diesel BMW as used in 120d, 320d doesn't have a good reputation for reliability. It's known as something of a ticking time-bomb. One of my colleagues bought a 330d and in 1 year had 23,000euros of repairs under warranty. Everthing broke- steering, engine, suspension failure(while driving on autostrada). It was actually very funny though because that guy hates Alfas and was always talking badly about them. He says he'll never buy another BMW now...
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Re: New 159 1.8 with 200 bhp to be launched soon.

Has Italian tax on cars above 2 litres changed?

That's why Alfa did the 2 litre V6 turbo GTV and 164, and Ferrari did the Dino 206GT.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 200 , bhp , launched