159 Noise at low speed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-11-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDM SW

159 Noise at low speed

I have a 159 SW 1.9JTDM on a 57 plate I have had it now since May 08 . Not long after I bought it I was stuck in traffic on the M62 and crawling at low speed less than 20 mph ..I noticed and intermittent rubbing noise that was consistent with something rotating and catching on something. It followed the turn of the engine for as the speed picked up the rubbing noise got faster as it slowed down it got slower. When I depressed the clutch it disappeared when I engaged the clutch it returned. When I went over 20/25 mph it dissappeared. I took it to my dealer who concluded it was not the wheels , bearings or tyres but possiblly something in the gear box like a high spot which might wear down . He advised to leave it till 18k service at which point they would look at changing the gear box. I am at 18k miles and wondered if anybody has had a similar problem and what the resolution was.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Re: 159 Noise at low speed

See ther threads 'Help... Noisy Clutch' and 'Constant Rubbing Noise' as these are both about the same problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , low , noise , speed