Alarm on Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 28-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

Alarm on Spider

Three weeks ago bought my first Spider (the Black SE). Then some local thugs put a boulder through the passenger door window at 1am one Saturday night and caused a real mess. Thankfully the alarm went off and we went out to investigate. Here's the thing though - despite the car being entered in this way, the alarm still stopped going off after a short while (like as if it went off accidentally due to air pressure changes etc). If we had not gone out the alarm would have stopped. On a recent BMW I had (I know, I've seen the light now ....) the alarm could tell the difference and would have repeated in the event of a forced entry of some kind. Why does this not happen with Alfas. What can I do to improve matters ? Cheers

"Questions are a burden to others - answers a prison for oneself"
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Newport
Re: Alarm on Spider

Sorry to hear that someone has smashed the window.

I have no idea why the alarm would be programmed to stop if the car was broken into.

Maybe this is something that needs to be taken up with your dealer at first then ARUK

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Various VAG

Sorry to hear about your spider

If I remember correctly, Legally alarms are only allowed to go off for 30 seconds before stopping and then go off again after a pause (not too sure how long the pause is). an alarm isn't allowed to be a constant noise.
AO Member

Member car:

Alarms on all vehicles are legislated as to there operation as regards how long the siren should sound, this is typically 30 seconds, if there is continued intrusion then the alarm would resound. If you remember some time back when alarms would go on untill the battery went flat neighbours would become so incensed they would force entry to silence it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alarm , spider