One month on and 1,000 miles... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-10-08 Thread Starter
One month on and 1,000 miles...

I thought it worth sharing my first months ownership of my gorgeous black 159 SW.

I bought it from Perry in Amersham 5 weeks ago and got a good deal from them - they repaired all minor scratches and even re-sprayed the bonnet for me, repaired a scuffed alloy - in fact, when i collected the car, it looked factory new, with 9,500 miles on it. The young sales guy, James, was very helpful.

I love driving it and can't stop looking at it - i have to stop myself from looking at my reflection in shop windows and thinking what a great looking car it is!

Its been back the main dealer once for a door window switch to be repaired under warranty (and then back again to get it fixed again!) Some toe-rag pushed in one of the rear parking sensors which I am also getting repaired under warranty too.

I've filled it up twice now and have been averaging about 41mpg with a combination of motorway and A roads - which I am very happy with. Its now got 10,500 on the clock and seems eager to go anywhere i want it too.

I've noticed a whistling from the driver door mirror and can see from many posts there should be an easy fix from the dealer for this.

Apart from that, no probems.. until I scuffed a wheel on the kerb yesterday!

I've driven a couple of work colleagues in it for a 200 mile round trip, and both complimented it on how smooth and quiet it was on the motorway. They both have Audi's and thought the quality was on-par with them!

In summary - apart from niggly warranty stuff -I am very pleased with my choice. I had an Alfasud 1.5ti 20 years go which was a great little car to drive about - this certainly brings back memories of how much fun driving can (and should) be.

Thank you Alfa for a great car - my days of owning a German dull soul-less car are behind me once and forever.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Re: One month on and 1,000 miles...

Living the dream mate! Everyone at my work goes "Alfa! How many times had that broke down" I then take out for a burn just to the top of the road and round the roundabout and job done! One bloke went white and was nearly sick, quality!

Carry on enjoying yours
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire

glad you are enjoying it

TBH the 159 has better quality than any Audi I have been in
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Great to hear you're enjoying the 159

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

000 , miles , month