Had my baby for a month and a bit now and have done a nice few journeys including a big trip up to Yorkshire so thought, as I've not been on here for a while, I'd post my findings. I'd be interested to know how other people's experiences compare with mine as there are a couple of things I'm unsure of! If this is of no interest, feel free to ignore it!
- Picking it up was great. Loved the whole thing they do with the red cover. Having previously had Hondas, I'm more used to just being given a key and pointed to the car! That being said, Honda did fill the tank up
- Love the gadgets. Blue & me is great for the MP3 player. The hands-free works ok although it keeps forgetting my N95 so I have to reconnect every time. Not a major burden though.
- The seats are amazing. Did a 350 mile journey and it was a breeze. The heater is also nice. Endless fun to be had setting the passenger one up high, just before picking someone up.
- It has such a great presence. Parked up in a car park it looks the part and I've had loads of looks. Almost every comment has been positive.
- Love pressing the starter button to fire it up! Always raises a smile when someone else is in the car.
- The noise is
- The climate control is lovely. Particularly like the window demisting button which turns the car into a wind tunnel.
- I had a shock the first time I filled it up with petrol! It seems to have a drinking habit akin to Oliver Reed's. That being said, the engine's still tight as, so I'm expecting this to improve after 5k miles or so.
- The brakes seem to be rubbish. The car I test drove seemed to stop dead if you breathed on the brakes. On my one the brakes seem really dull. In particular, stopping when pointing down a hill seems a little hairy at times. When you've been driving round for a bit, they seem better but still not up to what I'd expect. Has anyone else had anything similar? I'm almost certain I'll be getting the dealer to look at this one.
- The handling is a bit iffy. I realise it's not tailored to be a performance car but giving it some beans down a Yorkshire moors road it seemed a little less sure-footed than I'd have thought when going over uneven roads. Maybe the tracking's off...
- I'll mention the performance even though it's not really a problem or unexpected. I just wish it was a little bit faster!
- The bl00dy alarm confirmation beep! It's either off or *ON*
. I like a little beep but not a yelp every time I lock the doors! If I wanted that I'd have bought a minibus! It's especially fun when you need to get something from your car after midnight!
All the negatives aside, I love it! Before I got it I was a bit hesitant as to whether I'd made the right choice. Then I got in it and drove home and knew 100% I had!
So go on, what've everybody else's experiences been like?
(Apologies if I don't reply till later - in work atm! Shhh!