Brera alarm beep - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: cotanana taxis
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 51
Images: 4

Member car:

GT JTDm

The other way he explained is to access the alarms control box directly and reprogram that way.
So here lies the next step, locating this "main alarm control box"![/QUOTE]

it is behind the fuse box by your right knee ..but i dont recommend you go anywhere near it
escortvan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
pewter grey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Yorkshire
Posts: 437
Images: 22
Hate it. Totally out of keeping with the car. Sounds like a 99 quid eighties car alarm.
pewter grey is offline  
Status: Slightly rippled with a flat underside :-)
AO Silver Member
 
MikeyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 1,764
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter grey View Post
Hate it. Totally out of keeping with the car. Sounds like a 99 quid eighties car alarm.
Switch it off then! Simples!
MikeyRules is offline  
 
Status: Back in the game
AO Member
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 512
Images: 7

Member car:

166

This is something that hasn't annoyed me, but is one of those things about the Alfas I have owned that would have changed given the choice, until........

Last year while on holiday in Italy I was fortunate enough to drive one of the new red 'premium' Italian cars (you know the one) for an hour. As I walked towards the car, I was amazed to hear the familiar and exact same 'BEEP-BEEP' as the chaperon-dude unlocked the car with the fob. From that point on I thought 'well if it is good enough for them....'

Each to their own I suppose but I can also understand the annoyance factor for some people.

As one of the earlier posts mentioned, it has helped me in car parks a few times when I have lost my bearings.

Last edited by Lebowski; 15-01-12 at 08:28.
Lebowski is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 58
Garage
Has anyone figured this out. I have just changed out a completely dead car battery and my alarm now does not beep when locking and unlocking. The indicator lights flash in the normal way and if I lock it with the window open and stick my arm in, the alarm activates, but I like the beep. Helps me find the car in the airport car park when I'm back from one of many many work trips!!
ContactGT is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGT View Post
Has anyone figured this out. I have just changed out a completely dead car battery and my alarm now does not beep when locking and unlocking. The indicator lights flash in the normal way and if I lock it with the window open and stick my arm in, the alarm activates, but I like the beep. Helps me find the car in the airport car park when I'm back from one of many many work trips!!
Try reversing the procedure described in this thread:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...-manually.html (Turn off the Alarm / Locking Beep Manually)
lussoman is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Posts: 58
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
LOL, yes I saw that. I assume that was written on April 1st? I was still daft enough to try it though (3 times) - nothing happens!
ContactGT is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGT View Post
LOL, yes I saw that. I assume that was written on April 1st? I was still daft enough to try it though (3 times) - nothing happens!
The rest of us managed it
giblets46 likes this.
lussoman is offline  
Status: 159 Cruiser and Guilietta pocket rocket
AO Silver Member
 
giblets46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 4,315
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
LOL, yes I saw that. I assume that was written on April 1st? I was still daft enough to try it though (3 times) - nothing happens!
Were you pressing the correct fog light button?! Five pages of people saying how it worked, suspect the problem is under the title 'user error'
lussoman likes this.

Last edited by giblets46; 30-08-16 at 14:03.
giblets46 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 20

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

Guys, I had a problem previously with my Brera that the alarm goes off randomly for no reason, several times even waking me up in the early hours of the morning.
What I did was take it to the Alfa garage and they disconnected the siren (otherwise they estimate it will cost 1000 to fix the route problem!). This means no noise now whatsoever. The lights still flash when the alarm goes off but makes no sound.
In turn, pressing the key fob to unlock/lock the car makes no noise. Just a suggestion for you. It helped me as now I can sleep in peace
fong21051 is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by fong21051 View Post
Guys, I had a problem previously with my Brera that the alarm goes off randomly for no reason, several times even waking me up in the early hours of the morning.
What I did was take it to the Alfa garage and they disconnected the siren (otherwise they estimate it will cost 1000 to fix the route problem!). This means no noise now whatsoever. The lights still flash when the alarm goes off but makes no sound.
In turn, pressing the key fob to unlock/lock the car makes no noise. Just a suggestion for you. It helped me as now I can sleep in peace
Good luck claiming on your insurance if the car gets stolen, unless you've already notified them of this 'modification'.
lussoman is offline  
Status: -
AO Gold Member
 
MalcQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater Manchester
Posts: 11,810
Images: 27
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Good luck claiming on your insurance if the car gets stolen, unless you've already notified them of this 'modification'.
I think it would be a bit OTT even for the robbing ******* insurance company to claim that. Anyway a part from reading it here how would they know? Chances are you'd never see it again in one piece anyway and the alarm siren would be a result of the thieving ****s method of nicking it.

I've heard it said insurance companies won't pay out if the thieves have the keys. Now if you're careless and leave them near your front door then fair enough, but if somebody with a balaclava appears at your door, threatening with a bat and asking for your keys... They will pay up.

Priorities I find, are usually someone else's.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.
MalcQV is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
I think it would be a bit OTT even for the robbing ******* insurance company to claim that. Anyway a part from reading it here how would they know? Chances are you'd never see it again in one piece anyway and the alarm siren would be a result of the thieving ****s method of nicking it.

I've heard it said insurance companies won't pay out if the thieves have the keys. Now if you're careless and leave them near your front door then fair enough, but if somebody with a balaclava appears at your door, threatening with a bat and asking for your keys... They will pay up.
Lots of conditions/rules/regulations are utter BS, and not just to do with insurance.
It's always down to the individual which you're prepared to comply with and those you don't.
I have no problem with the OP's choice, just pointing out the obvious.
MalcQV likes this.
lussoman is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
alarm , beep , brera

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome