159 irritations update
Thought I'd update you on my 159SW now that I have had it in for a look at the vibrations, rattles, and droning noises. The car is 6 months old and has done 16k miles
Took it to Benfield Alfa in Newcastle last week for the high speed vibration being felt through the seat, the droning noise at just above tick over, a new dashboard rattle and the indicator cancelling when turning right at a roundabout before you actually get onto the roundabout.
- The vibration was felt in the drivers seat and and also was shown in the passenger seat which vibrated and shook visibly.They traced it to three out of the four wheels being unbalanced!! It appears to have solved this as the ride is better but it stills doesn't feel as smooth a ride as it should be, and the passenger seat still vibrates, does anyone else experience this.
- The droning noise was put down to the fuel pump, the service guy couldn't read the mechanics explanation so was a bit vague on this, but it appears to have worked.
- The dash rattle is still there sounding like plastic on plastic from inside the dash, this will have to be looked at again.
- the indicator self cancelling was said to be normal. When you approach a large roundabout to turn right , I indicate right but then as the road veers slightly left to take you onto the roundabout it cancells the indicator. I have never known this on any car ...is this normal?
- I solved my B&M issue of not being able to use a Creative Zen MP3 player by buying a Freecom databar off amazon for £7, it works just fine.
I am now able to enjoy the car a bit more now as it is now going nearly as good as it looks.
And finally only two Alfa waves in six months.... better than none in a Volvo.