Delighted Brera Owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 08-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Delighted Brera Owner

First of all apologies for not having logged on for ages on the site. Please believe me it is mad here where I live, there is no spare time.

Some may know me and the history of getting my Brera. I was the first Brera owner in the UAE (by four weeks). I ordered mine separately from the main UAE dealer who couldn't give me a delivery date. Eventually after a year of frustration my Bella arrived and he also got 4 cars a month later.

I've had my car since 4th October 2007. I do 200km in it every weekday. It has now done appox. 33,000km.

It is the scourge of the Abu Dhabi - Dubai highway. I'll not go into too much detail except to say the speed cameras in the Abu Dhabi section only operate above 160km.

I have had ZERO problems with the car (sorry I lie, the back window washer didn't work just before the 20,000km service and was sorted).

I am still in love. If I could pick any improvements they are thus:
- the seats should definitely be more bolstered like the GT. Everytime I corner aggresively I "fall out"
- the front screen washing allows drift of water/smear onto the windscreeen at moderate speeds between the two wipers...midly annoying
- be careful taking stuff out of the boot (usually my golf clubs) cause you can singe your calf/trousers on the exhaust pipes.
- yes, yes, even with a 3.2 I am annoyed at the Chev Lumina drivers and the Nissan 350's. (i'm going to sort this with a supercharge when Jano from Autodelta gets here!)

Other than that folks I am as happy as the proverbial Larry.

I must give you a few highlights. Please remember the rarity of Breras here.

1. In downtown Abu Dhabi, I'm following a car (Nissan Patrol) and as we approach the red traffic lights he moves into the next lane and stops parallel and jumps out and starts shooting from this camera like a paparazzi (after half asking with a thumbs up). I wound down my window and he told me his best mate (he was Aussie) was a mad Alfa fan and was soon to be working for the main dealer here.
2. A guy nearly crashing into stopped traffic looking at Bella and telling his partner/wife about it (from what I could make out) this was pretty much early on after getting the car.
3. Countless people stopping me/waving me down at the lights to say (where did you get that!).
4. A guy at work who is 10 x mad on AR's than I am. He's recently arrived from Jerusalem into UAE. He saw my car in the work car park and demanded to be taken to the owner of the Brera. I have to say I felt belittled at his knowledge of all things Alfa.
5. A guy in Merc ML55 SUV who couldn't quite keep up one early morning going to Dubai. When I reached the border where the cameras are more ruthless, I pulled aside and he came parallel and wound down his window and we both gave the thumbs up.
6. The best (you had to be there to appreciate it) was a guy I met in the lift to the apartment I'm currently in. I didn't know him from Adam. I was tired, grumpy, disinterested, and he says, "you have the most beautiful looking car out here"........"thank you I said, you are very kind".....
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Neath Port Talbot
Re: Delighted Brera Owner

Good read novice. 3.2

Hope to see you posting more often now you broke your second cherry

Hey Novice,

Great to hear how much fun you're
having after the initial false start.

It is amazing the interest people show
when you're in the Brera. It's like having
an exotic car that cost way more than a

Good to hear you've got Jano coming
AO Silver Member

AO Gold Member
County: West Yorkshire

Good news Matey, Welcome back
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Good to have you back mate and great to hear about the Brera

See here by the way: (Alfa owners in the Middle East)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 3.2

aren't breras brill! I had a nice young blondy girl knocking on the window & waving shortly after I got it - and loads of +ve comments since. My experience is that harder you drive the better it gets.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , delighted , owner