re: 2.2 JTS hesitation - now with new IMPORTANT information & escalation details
Well I'm going to chip in as well.
1. I doubt whether most Alfa drivers know anything about this forum, and therefore will not be aware of this 'campaign'.
2. The ludicrous idea that we should all sell our cars, take a loss, and go and buy something else is....well just that, ludicrous.
3. I for one have been pushing this. I have had an independant Engineer look at the car, and he agrees it is a FAULT.
4. I have had ARUK look at the car, do reports and agree they know about it and are 'looking into it'.
5. My Insurance Company are funding a legal battle to persue this with ARUK, they paid for the independant engineers report.
6. We are now looking towards filing a claim against ARUK for damages due to their inability to fix the fault.
So, selling your cars, stupid idea. Get onto your Insurance Companies, and get them to act on your behalf. You have a FAULT, ARUK accept it is a problem and WONT fix it therefore it is a breach of contract as they have not delivered you a car that is fault free and not fit for purpose. Provided you have given ARUK the opportunity to inspect your car, and try to fix it, then they dont have a leg to stand on.
They have set a president by accepting this is an issue and fixing it in Holland. AD have stated the remap does NOT breach EU emissions regulations, so they can stop hiding behind that one.
ARUK have a simple choice. Fix the problem with thier own remap, fund owners to have a remap performed by AD, or face legal claims for compensation which will permit owners to go and fund their own purchase of a remap.
With regard to test drives, I for one purchased the car before it was launched, I did test a 2.2 Brera and found lurching, but also thought it was just me with a new car.
18months on with 38,000 miles on the clock, it still catches me out when accelerating from junctions, whilst you can build the revs and slip the clutch, this is now leading to my own clutch feeling soft, so no doubt another battle will soon ensue about who pays for that replacement!!
RING you Insurance Companies on Monday and get some action going.