OK so called ARUK customer help line and logged 30826707. They appeared to know nothing about the issue so asked them to get Nick Jackson to call me back.
About 3 hours later Ben rang from their technical dept and said Nick was unavailable so he would deal with my call. Had about a 15 minute chat. He was very nice and polite but not a great deal of help. Basic summary of the call was thus:
1) They are aware of this issue and hope Italy will provide a fix at some point but there is nothing in the pipeline and no anticipated fix date that he is aware of. (Certainly nothing pending as alluded to earlier in this thread)
2) They will not sort under warranty as they do not consider it a fault per-se. They will not pay for the AD fix to be applied.
3) The AD re-map would not necessarily invalidate the warranty depending on the issue claimed against but they could refuse a warranty claim if it was considered related to the re-map.
4) AR Holland were acting unilaterally on the AD re-map and AR Italy had not approved as it mean they could not vouch for their emission levels etc.
5) They are aware of the issue and the points raised on this forum. (He even said he reads the forum himself) And are disappointed so many people are unhappy with the issue but there was nothing they could do at the moment.
Make of that what you will. I was happy with his approach on a personal level but he seemed to be saying AR Italy needed to sort it and that was likely to happen between now and never. I don't think Ill be holding my breath waiting for them to sort it out anytime soon.
Yet again I'm forced into thinking your best off buying AR after its warranty period and using an independent specialist as the quality of service and warranty appear to count for nought.