AO Silver Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Unexpected Delight with iPhone and Blue&Me
A newly found feature on the iPhone makes the Blue&Me system useful again.
I forgot to post this when I found it and perhaps it improved on one of the previous IOS updates.
I can now do texts in the car. The iPhone works (as a phone) in the car but I lost text read out when I started using iPhones rather than Motorola.
For others that have not found this feature this is the procedure. I keep the iPhone 6 perfectly located above the centre console drawer.
1) Phone plays it's text message tune
2) Press and hold the iPhone 'Home' button for 2 seconds
3) SIRI comes to life and is ready and listening. The car stereo mutes and shows 'PHONE' on its display
4) Say "SIRI Read my Message"
5) SIRI announces the caller and reads the message on the car speakers.
6) SIRI then says "Do you want to reply?"
7) You say "yes" and then say your message.
8) SIRI then asks if you want to send it (you can say yes or no)
9) Siri gives a confirmation beep and the car stereo unmutes.