New badge.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By alfakombra
  • 1 Post By alfakombra
  • 2 Post By lussoman
  • 2 Post By alfakombra
  • 2 Post By BenzinaBrera
  • 1 Post By lussoman

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 13-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Central Macedonia
New badge....

Ok I just replace the original front badge with a new one since the old one had no color on it... The new one is different than the original so I am all ears about what do you think about the new style... ooo and yes the my beloved car needs washing!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161013_122041.jpg (156.8 KB, 77 views)
Philjay50 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Belfast

Member car:

Black 159 ti

Looks well, just replaced both mine the other week. Was gonna go with one like yours but opted for the the original ones.
(Post Link) post #3 of 21 Old 13-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2themfk View Post
Looks well, just replaced both mine the other week. Was gonna go with one like yours but opted for the the original ones.
well i thought of putting the original back on but..... ok lets do some changes.....!!
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Are you going to replace the rear badge and the wheel centres too?
(Post Link) post #5 of 21 Old 13-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Are you going to replace the rear badge and the wheel centres too?
the rear yes.. the wheel centers maybe not
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

Looks good. I went with black ones when I got rid of my faded badges.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

I replaced my faded badges with new originals, front and back plus wheel badges. Looked great, but fancied a change after the bonnet badge got a chip. Now currently running the newer style badge, and whilst the silver reflective backing looks nice, I feel the bright green and red don't go with my silver to be honest, it looks too 'vivid' whilst the originals where more subtle. The only thing I didn't like about the originals was the white back ground. It does have a more modern feel though with the newer style badge.

I'm now going for Black badges front and back and black wheel caps and steering wheel badge. Remember though, there are two types of black badges. One black and silver with white colourings for the cross and biscione and one black and silver, with silver colour for the cross and biscione. The Giulia runs with the full black and silver, so you want to get all badges to match really.

I'm going to do some black grille mods soon so will document these later.

2007 159 1.9 JTDM - Argento with Full Black Leather
Wheels: 18" Multi-spoke in Dark Anthracite
Engine Mods: DPF/EGR Delete/De-Swirled
Exhaust: Wizard Dual Backboxes Conversion
Lighting Mods: 6500K HID's & Fogs, Osram LED Conversion, Tri-Halo Conversion
Aesthetics: De-Chromed Grille, Brera Nose, EZ Lip, Biscione plate badge & Decals
Future Mods/ Fixes: Powerflex Bushes, Ti Skirts
AO Member

County: Australia
Garage
Does the front badge on Brera have 2 locating pins? There a seller here that has them with two locating pins and sticky stuff on the perimeter on the back whilst I've seen others on line with no pins at all - just sticky stuff..
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCMCQ View Post
Does the front badge on Brera have 2 locating pins? There a seller here that has them with two locating pins and sticky stuff on the perimeter on the back whilst I've seen others on line with no pins at all - just sticky stuff..
No locating pins.
AO Member

County: -
all mine have had a single small locating tab on the bottom edge and sticky stuff
alexsud

Ive got this dilemma, the red from my badges has run, but they may well be the originals so 32 years old and I think it might be best to leave them as is...what do you think ?

(Post Link) post #12 of 21 Old 14-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsud View Post
Ive got this dilemma, the red from my badges has run, but they may well be the originals so 32 years old and I think it might be best to leave them as is...what do you think ?
Mine also had a small locating tab on the bottom edge and sticky stuff which i thought it was a bit small so I added some more silicone.... . "Alexsud" you are right it is always a matter of what you like the best !!
alexsud likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsud View Post
Yes, definitely keep them. They're part of Alfa heritage and shouldn't be messed with.
cue2 and alexsud like this.
(Post Link) post #14 of 21 Old 14-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Yes, definitely keep them. They're part of Alfa heritage and shouldn't be messed with.
I totally agree with lussoman.. alfa heritage is something that it must never be left outside... this is what makes alfa different than the others...!!!!!
cue2 and alexsud like this.
alexsud

My thoughts were similar....We all know what the car is... its an Alfa from 1984, if it didnt have faded badges by now it would be very odd !

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

Alexsud does that also include faded paint work and bald factory tyres from 1984? :P

We don't need badges to make us aware of the make of car it is, most in the know will know exactly what brand of car it is just by looking at the shape / grille. Restoring it to factory spec i.e new is nothing to be lambasted in my opinion, but each to their own. You wouldn't say the same about an original rotting suspension arm or seat where mold had eaten away at all the foam. I always find it weird when I see 159s with faded badges, I don't understand how the owners don't notice this as to me it really detracts from the overall condition of the car.

Makes me laugh how alot of people where against trying to removing the bars from the 159 grille saying it was the Alfa heritage and would be sacrilege to alter such a perfect design, only to then find out the Giulia and Giulietta are now getting facelift models / from factory with a grille without the bars

Having said all that though, I do recognize the value of a classic car is its ability to retain its original look with as little change as possible.

Last edited by AlfaJoe92; 15-10-16 at 05:08.
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng

Member car:

Brera 3.6

I put the new style on my brera and i think it suits the car well.

Still need to change the airbag badge and the wheel badges will go on the car along with my new wheels. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...485eaa1961.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b96bec2107.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f4a305e7a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
alfakombra and AlfaJoe92 like this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Keeping the coloured badges, which are kind of unique to Alfa, is especially good on your monochromatic car. Looks great.
alexsud

[QUOTE=AlfaJoe92;15349090]Alexsud does that also include faded paint work and bald factory tyres from 1984? :P

NO and maybe I will change the badges, maybe maybe not shall we spin for it ?

PS if the bodywork and paintwork was ****e I wouldnt have bought it

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJoe92 View Post
Restoring it to factory spec i.e new is nothing to be lambasted in my opinion, but each to their own. You wouldn't say the same about an original rotting suspension arm or seat where mold had eaten away at all the foam. I always find it weird when I see 159s with faded badges, I don't understand how the owners don't notice this as to me it really detracts from the overall condition of the car.

Makes me laugh how alot of people where against trying to removing the bars from the 159 grille saying it was the Alfa heritage and would be sacrilege to alter such a perfect design, only to then find out the Giulia and Giulietta are now getting facelift models / from factory with a grille without the bars
Nowt wrong with factory spec - that's how it should be. Non-factory spec Giulia badges are a definite 'no' for me.

The 159 was a perfect design when it came out 11 years ago, and still is.
Changing the grille to match a completely different model from a completely different time is madness to me, but as you say, each to their own.

The new style badges don't look a lot different to original faded badges.
The more colourful 159/Brera/Spider factory-spec badges are beauties.
Sebasteeno likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng

Member car:

Brera 3.6

Id say changing the badges is fine but changing the actual heart grille to the giulia grille style looks a bit weird. There is a forum member somewhere that changed the grille to the giulia style on his 159SW

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
badge