Thinking out loud
Winter is not far off and the temp will be dropping in to single figures soon that's when I start to think about using my car as little as possible. I don't really like the thought of potentially ruining or ageing a rare car with terrible weather, besides my front tires are now down to 1.8mm. That's when I started to think about the Brera in general. Probably like most who have owned a brera, spider or 159 have thought about, is this car worth keeping for another year or so? And what could fill the void if I was to sell?
I like the car but it is getting on a bit and there's a to do list of things that will need money spending on soon. I have also decided to keep running it for another 3 years then possibly buy a used Giulia 2.0 Q4 turbo with 280bhp. I like the sound of them so far.
My Brera has 61k registered Feb 2007
My to do list is
1) Lower left-hand-side has slight play in ball joint, which has been noted on both 2016 and 2015 Mot's as an advisory. So I will replace both lowers with TWR's
2) 4x new Hankook tires and alloy refurb wouldn't go a miss
3) replace anti roll bars for Eibach's as they would benefit the car
4) fix rear bumper lower diffuser (it's cracked where it screws on) or replace & repaint.
5) fix small rust bubbles on boot lid ( just above badge ) or replace & repaint.
6) repaint rear bumper, light panel marks, that have been their since I bought it.
7) replace the standard rear bump stops as they appear to be hitting the top mounts with a thud after fitting koni shocks if the car is jolted. Sounds like the parcel shelf thumping, but it's not & no play in suspension at rear.
8) replace breaks all around with Tarox slotted or Brembo crossed drilled ( instead of OEM ) with performance pads, braided hoses and peformance break fluid. I should imagine the front and rear disc's have never been changed since 2007.
9) new spark plugs and an Itg air filter last changed both 11k ago. Current air filter BCM The oil & filter change will be carried out next week.
10) possibly replace the bonnet as it's been repaired in the center, which I didn't notice when buying. I was to excited I guess. I spotted it 3 days after I bought it, it's nothing to write home about but it's not perfect once you know it's their. If someone has a perfect misano blue one with no repairs needed please do let me know.
A very tall and expensive list of part and labour cost so I'll buy the parts on a monthly basis to be done by the cars tenth birthday in feb 2017. Next Mot march 2017
Last edited by Clay19; 1 Week Ago at 00:55.