2.4 remap info please - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By TimBud
  • 2 Post By needy
  • 1 Post By tejay
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 08-10-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
County: -
Posts: 4
2.4 remap info please

Hi All
First post so be kind to me
Just bought a 159 2.4 and am interested in getting it remaped , looking on ebay there are lots of different ones
So my question is are they all the same or are some better than others ???
any advice in what one to buy and where from very welcome
Thanks
needy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: lurker
AO Member
 
TimBud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Leicestershire
Posts: 104
Images: 8
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 SW ti

DO NOT BUY a DIY remap from eBay.
Take it to a specialist who knows what they're doing.

Get the car serviced first to help make sure the map isn't going to make any problems worse.

I got mine done by Autolusso and its good.

Have a search on these forums to find some more options
Wezley likes this.
TimBud is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Norph's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Buckinghamshire
County: United Kingdom
Posts: 111
Garage

Member car:

159 SW Ti 2.4

+1

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Norph is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Norph's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Buckinghamshire
County: United Kingdom
Posts: 111
Garage

Member car:

159 SW Ti 2.4

Also, be sure your car can take it. If it's over 70k be sure that the clutch flywheel and driveshafts can cope with it.

You're power will go up by 40hp, but the 2.4 is a torque monster and can go as high as 480ft lbs. Doing that can result in mechanical failures and huge repair bills (new OSF driveshaft is about 700 without fitting).

Don't get me wrong, I remapped mine (custom map from Proalfa) and it's night and day.

Just do it with your eyes open!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

...
Norph is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 10 Old 08-10-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
County: -
Posts: 4
thanks for the reply all
its 70% the wifes car so will be doing the school / shop run so was after a little better mpg and the remaining 30% will be mine for the odd sunday drive mmmmmmm
Had a Lancia 20 years ago and loved it ..... i now feel reborn getting this 159 2.4 ti got a smile from ear to ear
Philjay50 and Norph like this.
needy is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
nogrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
County: -
Posts: 100
For 75 these are brilliant (includes EGR & DPF delete). Gets you a great performance increase, around +15% mpg and minimal smoke. You can also put it back to standard whenever you feel like it and remap again afterwards (you need a 5 lead and laptop to install) - I had a look at the map in WinOLS and it seems to be conservative.
nogrip is offline  
Muz
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 1,271
I had mine done at AHM with dpf removal at the same time. Different car now and much quicker, more responsive and none of the ridiculous problems I had with the dpf clogging, but 750 lighter

http://alfacare.co.uk
Muz is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
tejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 62
Images: 4
Autolusso, Ned will take care of you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Autolusso likes this.
tejay is offline  
Status: Get it remapped....
AO Member
 
Jimbon1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Devon
Posts: 162
Images: 2
Had mine done at Celtic Tuning (who do a mobile service) and it's like a different machine.
Jimbon1973 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
info , remap

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome