AO Gold Member
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Changing nappies.....
My bella got her first 30.000 service
Last week I brought my 159 SW JTDm to my dealer for a 30.000 km service.
I received the car on June 21st 2007. She got her first 30.000 km service on January 9th 2008 with 31500+ km's on the dials.
Apart from the car being an absolute gem, I had the following "niggles":
- sunglasses compartment in the roof gets stuck when I open it. I have to press the back end of the compartment to open it.
- since it's getting colder, the dashboard makes very light creaks when accelerating or braking. It's really not annoying, but I'd prefer a creak-free car. I guess it has to do with the aluminium facia's "shrinking" with cold weather. Up until the last couple of weeks of december the car was absolutely creak-free.
- Sometimes during the first kilometer in the morning, the engine stutters just around 2000 rpm. Hitting the throttle then resolves the problem, but it's just like the engine hesitates.
- I sometimes here a "sandpaper over metall" sound when I drive the car in the first couple of minutes. It only appears when I drive 60 km/h or slower. And with a cold engine. I never had this with a warm engine.
- The warning light for refilling the windscreen washer fluid (strange word!) doesn't work. I emptied my reservoir and I didn't get a warning. Come to think of it....I forgot to mention this to the dealer!!!!
Apart from the mentioned list, I also have some suggestions for improvement on the 159:
- The foglight buttons should be placed in sight (just like the 147, those were perfect!). I know have to actually take my eyes of the road, and search behind the wheel to operate them.
- Altough I really love the structure in the (real!) aluminium dashboard facia's, the scratch easily.
- Make the steering even more direct (altough it's the most direct steering wheel in it's segment I suppose)
However, I'm still in love with my bella and enjoy EVERY kilometer on the road.
I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.
Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
Last edited by Mel Bonkers; 17-01-08 at 18:42.