CD Changer Not Being Recognised - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-09-16 Thread Starter
County: -Australia
Question CD Changer Not Being Recognised

Hi - I have the standard Blaupunkt 10 disc CD changer in the hatch of my Brera and it is powered up - loads the CD with no problems but then isn't recognised by the system on the dash. The single cd player works fine but the cd changer doesn't despite loading etc. Has anyone else had a similar issue or suggestions on how to diagnose and fix the problem. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
County: -
I am facing the same issue :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member
County: New South Wales
I have had the same problem. The CD changer usually is not recognized but at random (and seldom) it may be recognized and operative.

You could try a canbus reset by disconnecting the battery, which can sometimes (though not necessarily) induce the changer to be recognized, but the problem in my experience will reoccur at some time subsequently.

My theory is that the problem may be related to the memory capacity in Blue and Me. If you are also using a USB drive in the glovebox for music that should be recognized but if it holds a lot of tracks, the system may run out of memory capacity. I say this because in my system not only is the CD changer not recognized. but not all the tracks on the USB (in my case >1,000) are recognized. This suggests memory capacity as a possible culprit.

I had this looked at several times by the dealer in Sydney. It is not a hardware problem to do with canbus wiring/connections or the changer itself. The dealer had no remedy other than battery resets.

In my case, I've given up on the changer and just use the recognized part of the USB, which works fine. Pity about the lost boot space.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
County: -Australia
Thumbs Up

Thanks so much for that info - will try that out and see how I go - cheers and happy motoring

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

changer , recognised