Removing front roof console? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 13-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Removing front roof console?

How do i remove this?

I'm either a) going to cry or b) snap it, if i keep trying. Been at it a half hour now!!!

Someone please... explain it like I'm five.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160913_145743_1473775141155.jpg (28.1 KB, 42 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Zuid Holland
Hi, don't give up yet....

It is being secured by 3 metal springclips each side, which you can access with a small flat blade screwdriver to press them back one by one.

Just take a very (!) close look at the outer edges of the light arrangement, there are tiny marks (small protrusion) that indicate where to stick the blade in between with the headliner.

Good luck!
(Post Link) post #3 of 15 Old 14-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
... wheres the 3rd? In the tan part where the ultrasonics are housed?

Couldnt see any protrusionson that bit, only on the clear lens.

Reasons for removing are 2 fold.
1) attempt to get the boot opening button to work
2) wire in a hidden feed to run dashcam

AO Member

County: Zuid Holland
Yes, should be and indeed you're right as I think there are nor protrusions except on the glass section.

Mine is a different version, having a storage place for sunglasses. When I open that, the 2 last clips are easily found and even better to access as on the glass part. Note that the headliner incorperates a plastic frame with slots in which the metal spring clips can be quite tight.

You just have to keep trying finding the exact spot where to put your blade. Sorry, can't find a picture this quickly to make it more visible.

Last edited by Leo_NL; 14-09-16 at 16:19. Reason: Text
AO Member

County: Norway
Garage
Hey, i know, old thread, but frist time i've found a relevant problem!

I have the same problem with the boot button not working. Not Even a click, just nothing happens when i press it. Did you managed to get it fixed????

Veboor
AO Member

Garage
Hey, i know, old thread, but frist time i've found a relevant problem!

I have the same problem with the boot button not working. Not Even a click, just nothing happens when i press it. Did you managed to get it fixed????

Veboor
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Do you have the 'dedicated boot opening' feature in the central display menu set to off?
This function stops the roof mounted button from working - it defaults to on setting after disconnecting battery.

Good Luck :-)
AO Member

Sorry there is also a video on YouTube in Italian that shows removal of the roof panel/Light if you require it.
search 'Smontaggio rimontaggio plafoniera alfa 159' :-)
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul777 View Post
Do you have the 'dedicated boot opening' feature in the central display menu set to off?
This function stops the roof mounted button from working - it defaults to on setting after disconnecting battery.

Good Luck :-)
This is the problem, every time i find this topic it seems like no one have the same version as me. I don't have any settings in the dash for this button, i only have the button on the keyfob thats fine, and the ceiling button, that's not working properly. Only settings i can fint is the speed limit adjustment and a few others.

I see in pictures that many alfa 159s have all the buttons working, mine has only two, the parking sensor button, and the boot opener button. As far as i know, when pressing the parking sensor button, this is supposed to have a little red dot when activated? It activates when entering reverse, but not when starting up the car and just pressing the button. don't know if it is supposed to, but i guess so, as the button is pressable and not fixed.

so none of theese two buttons are functioning, and i have no idea hos to fix this. Do i have to remove the console and look for faults, like loose cables/connectors?
I'm also not sure how to remove the console. It is the same as the one in this pic:
(just without that twisting switch at the bottom of the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-12-02 16.17.16.jpg (108.2 KB, 13 views)
AO Member

Garage
So, in other words, the panel is identical to the panel in the fist post of the thread, Except that left button, that looks like a car with a signal or something.
AO Member

So you must have the non reconfigurable multifunction display as per fig.2 on page 8 of the owners manual?
Yeah the reverse park sensor light comes on when u enter reverse gear that's normal.
There are the same 6 sprung metal clips that retain the roof light in the roof -you simply press these in one at a time both sides and pull downwards gently & slightly as they release working your way nearest to farthest til all 6 are released and unit pops out.
Have you checked owners manual page 101 (boot)?
Do you have power to roof lights/parking sensor light?
AO Member

Do you use the metal key blade to open drivers door?this also de-activates the roof button,have you tried locking/unlocking car whilst inside the car using the button at the gear stick this can help reset roof button.
AO Member

Garage
Thanks Paul, i Will try to get tre roof console down by pressing the clips, i'm going to double Cheh all inside there.
Yes i tried to open the var with the blade, just by curiousity, had no idea that might stop the button. Yeah, i have tried the in car lock buttons but this didn't help

Yes, the console lights, including the little dot in the parking sensor button are all working, it's just the buttons.

Maybe I should try to get a new console, from a scrap car, thinking it might the buttons that are broken?
AO Member

I would imagine it's something simple and wouldn't go spending money replacing things-when you use the lock/unlock button have the key in the ignition-dash on.
Have you checked in your manual-do you have the 1 screen or split screen central display?
AO Member

Garage
I have a single screen, not the spilt screen setup.
Put my key in the ignition And then try the button again? I have litterally tried everything, there is absolutely nothing that makes the button functionable. I always have to stop the car, remove the key, open boot, key in ignition again, And start the car.. frustrating, haha

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
console , front , removing , roof

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page