Ride height = Noise? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By Luigi_89
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South East
Ride height = Noise?

I have a Rubbing noise from the rear on corners if there are more than 2 people in the car. It seams that the rear wheels touch the arch.

When the car is empty the ride height is 68.5cm at the front and 67.2cm at the rear equal on both sides.
Is this ok.

NSR spring was changed 18 months ago, OSR 1 year before that. Everything looks ok and there is no play.

Any Ideas.

The car is a 159 TI 2.0

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Wheel bearings? Wheel alignment? I had some noise in corners and it turned out to be both of these issues.
County: Kent-

Member car:

159 SW Ti 2.0

Sounds like you've had rear springs from a Lusso fitted. A lot of TIs have been registered as Lusso, so when you use your reg to look for parts, you don't always get the right part.

I have a '10 2.0L TI Sportwagon, and had my rear springs replaced about a year ago. It was done under warranty, but I had to tell the guy what springs to use, as the parts search was showing up Lusso springs.

There should be 4 painted dots on the spring to identify what type it is for. Yours looks like a Saloon, so your rear springs should have White/Blue/Yellow/Yellow if it's a TI trim

A Sportwagon TI has Yellow/Yellow/Orange/White.

Q4 models have different springs altogether. It's quite confusing, which is why a lot of people fit Eibach springs instead.

Hope this helps

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
finalfisti likes this.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 12-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South East
Hi Thanks for the reply's

I have just had the alignment done (they reduced the camber from 1.54 to 1.25)and the spring colors are correct. The wheel is rubbing on the soft fabric liner (i think this is worse since the alignment)

I am measuring from the ground through the center line of the wheel up to the wheel arch this is the 67.2cm measurement on the rear. Does anyone know what is should be or what they have.

Should the rear be 1 cm lower than the front?

AO Member
County: Cheshire

When the rear wheel arch liners get wet and heavy, they do visibly sag towards the tyres and you can see them pulling the bumper with them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

height , noise , ride