My 159 1.9 jtdm for sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 08-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Talking My 159 1.9 jtdm for sale

After 5 years I am selling my 159 to buy a Brera, Ill be very sorry to see it go.
2006 Lusso on an 06 plate, 122k miles, mot'd till next August, no advisories.
It had service history up untill I bought it in 2011 but since then I've serviced it myself, the engine oil changed every 6-8k and the gearbox oil every 20k.
New clutch, dmf, release bearing and precautionary gearbox end case bearings at Autolusso at 95k, at the same time they also fitted powerflex bottom arm bushes and alignment.
It had a new, not recon steering rack 3 years ago and at the same time a new pas reservoir and the correct Tutela green fluid.
Since owning it it has also had New Inlet manifold, 4 coil springs, front wheel bearing, upper wishbones, battery, MAF. It has wanted for nothing.
The last Cam belt change was at 100k when I also replaced the water pump, aux belt and all of the aux belt pulleys and tensioners.
The body work has a few small marks as would be expected and has been regularly clay bared and polished, the leather has been regularly cleaned and treated with Gliptons so is in great condition, the drivers seat is slightly worn on the side bolster.
Fitter with the much nicer looking Lusso 18'' option wheels and also fitted with the front Brembo calipers from a v6 166 that were overhauled with all new seals and painted, new discs, pads and braided brake hoses were also fitted.
The front subframe was showing signs of surface rust a few years ago so I wire brushed it back to metal and treated it with Waxoil and has been regularly checked and waxoiled ever since so is sound.
It has been remaped to 185bhp and the egr deleted and the dpf replaced with a straight pipe, so is now better on fuel, 50mpg worked out run from Cardiff to Edinburgh and back and no egr to soot up the inlet manifold, the dpf will go with the car.
The car was last serviced in June before our trip around Cornwall with new air, oil, fuel and cabin filters, engine oil, front pads and the gearbox oil was also changed using the usual Redline mt90.
All in all a very well looked after and sorted 159 with all of the usual issues addressed.
I have the service books, all mot's and a big folder of receipts for all the work that has been done and 2 keys.
Only bad point is it had body damage to the passenger side rear door and wheel arch a few years ago that was repaired under the insurance, I have some pictures to show how small the damage was before it was repaired.
Asking price is £2500 and the car is in Cardiff.
Tell 07791 298644

Last edited by JON156VELOCE; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:43.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , jtdm , sale