Terraclean or BG Products intake treatment on a 2.4 JTDm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 05-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Terraclean or BG Products intake treatment on a 2.4 JTDm

Hello, has anyone got any experience of either Terraclean or BG Products intake treatment on a 2.4 JTDm?

My intake was removed and cleaned, EGR Blanked, and DPF Removed but based on how badley sooted up my intake was i can only imagine what the valves are like. Without physically removing the head im after a way to at least help clear some of the carbon build up from inside the head and hopefully restore some performcance

Thanks in advance

Otis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Carmarthenshire
Not exactly an Alfa - but I did have my 2004 4.2 turbo diesel Land Cruiser "Terracleaned"

To be perfectly honest, I didn't really notice any difference. I have a Dimsport tuning box fitted and the EGR blanked. Maybe the engine wasn't sooted up enough to notice any real gains?

The whole process took a while....about an hour IIRC? I find it very hard to quantify the benefits - if any?

Maybe if you know your engine is clogged and lacking in oomph, the results will be more obvious. It is probably not very useful commenting on Land Cruiser.........
AO Member

County: -
I've had a Terraclean on mine and would highly recommend it. They can come to your home to do it and they have other cleaning options too, like exhaust side clean including dpf which can be worthwhile to some.
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 05-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcXL View Post
I've had a Terraclean on mine and would highly recommend it. They can come to your home to do it and they have other cleaning options too, like exhaust side clean including dpf which can be worthwhile to some.
Thanks,

Did you notice an increase in performance? I have had my DPF replaced with a pipe so I dont have any DPF issues.
AO Member

Not so much an increase in performance but a much smoother running motor.
AO Member

County: -Suffolk
Garage
Had my Brera 2.4 Terra-cleaned about 8 weeks ago, having read through many posts and online research I took the plunge.

Prior to having the clean done I inspected the intake manifold, inlet valve, egr etc so I could assess any improvement post Terraclean as there are claims, in particular the inlet manifold, that these get cleaned during the process...

Terraclean done...results...it's worth it! Smoother ride, better acceleration, and at the moment I'm getting 10 - 15% increase in mpg, but I can confirm that there's no improvement in cleanliness of the inlet manifold, inlet valve, etc so I have cleaned these out by hand.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gftr5270 View Post
Had my Brera 2.4 Terra-cleaned about 8 weeks ago, having read through many posts and online research I took the plunge.

Prior to having the clean done I inspected the intake manifold, inlet valve, egr etc so I could assess any improvement post Terraclean as there are claims, in particular the inlet manifold, that these get cleaned during the process...

Terraclean done...results...it's worth it! Smoother ride, better acceleration, and at the moment I'm getting 10 - 15% increase in mpg, but I can confirm that there's no improvement in cleanliness of the inlet manifold, inlet valve, etc so I have cleaned these out by hand.

When I had mine done, I was talking to the Terraclean guy and he said they do a separate system clean for the intake manifold.
AO Member

County: Midlothian
When i worked for Vauxhall 10yrs ago we used BG stuff its sprayed into the Inlet Manifold and burns along side normal fuel so it cleans the Manifold and Combustion Chamber. We always changed the Oil after that. My understanding of Terraclean is that it replaces normal fuel so is sprayed into the combustion chamber and so does not clean the Manifold. I no longer work in the motor trade so not sure if the BG one has changed
AO Member

Terraclean or BG Products intake treatment on a 2.4 JTDm

Liquimoly do a good diesel intake cleaner which u can do yourself.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291739641440

Plus a video on how to do it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
intake , jtdm , products , terraclean , treatment