Alignment in West London - Hounslow Tyres? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 02-09-16 Thread Starter
County: Surrey

Member car:

159 1.9 jTDm

Alignment in West London - Hounslow Tyres?

I need to get my tracking done soon and found Hounslow Tyres on the Hunter align my car website. Tyres and mechanical repairs in Hounslow.

Has anybody any experience with these, or could you recommended another outfit in west/southwest London (I'm Kingston based) that can do the job properly and over-ride the manufacturers standard settings on the machine? Any advice would be great.

I (stupidly) had Kwik-Fit do it last year after changing the upper control arm and the tyres have since been very well worn on the inner edge. I'm not sure was it that I let them use the standard settings, or just a poor job, or a bit of both. I'll definitely be printing out Old Engineer's recommended settings this time around!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
I go to Merrit Tyres at Leatherhead. They know how to override the computer settings (and they'll have mine in the stored settings)
AO Member
County: United Kingdom

Member car:

159 SW Ti 2.4

Motor Inn near Ruislip. I've used them and they were pretty good. Four wheel alignment plus free tuneup of settings offered, cost about 100 and put it to my requested specification.

Apparently they do a lot of high end stuff for local garages (Astons etc). I'd go back there if I was in the area still.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-16 Thread Starter

Member car:

159 1.9 jTDm

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll try and arrange a trip to one of these this week.
AO Silver Member
I have used Hounslow tyres to do mine in the past - some of the staff are young (although thinking about it they have all been there for years) - I also always buy tyres there - prices in the local area are pretty much the same everywhere, while they look a little ramshackle perhaps, I certainly feel they are honest, they know what they are doing and I'm happy to take my car there if my preferred garage is not free soon enough etc.

*The young chap who did my alignment (using old engineers numbers) did not understand at first... I had to make him show me the screen stats until he finally understood what i was showing him - he did a proper job after that. And did warn me that I was deviating from spec blah blah...

I have to say though that my tires did still wear on the inside really fast - i got maybe... 12 to 14months only. these were the cheap acceleras(spelling?) which weren't that great. I since had another brand fitted (cheap - forgot the name) they were better, but didn't last long either. I will do my alignment again in a couple of months at the same place.
My rears have not worn at all - i get that on all the car's I've owned (front wheel drive)

Last edited by mo 156; 16-09-16 at 07:48. Reason: Edited to not sound so rude about the garage - as I do like and use them often!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alignment , hounslow , london , tyres , west