2.4 Spider Exhaust: Wizard v Alfatune v Veloce - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 5Likes

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

You could always get a Novitec exhaust, they are a bit more expensive but there's a user on the forums called Incognito, and he swears by a pair, he has alot of videos to judge the sound of the kit aswell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Nothing :-(

I had the Alfatune exhaust on my 156 with a remap. Sweet sound, not too loud, but no videos alas. Sounded great in tunnels too. It was the one big thing Dan recovered from my old 156.

I'm looking for a 159SW (hence lurking round here) and depending on cost, will be considering a remap with new exhaust system. Not sure yet and will depend if I can get it up to Gus or if there's somewhere a little more local.
(Post Link) post #28 of 34 Old 30-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJoe92 View Post
You could always get a Novitec exhaust, they are a bit more expensive but there's a user on the forums called Incognito, and he swears by a pair, he has alot of videos to judge the sound of the kit aswell.
Another system thrown into the mix lol.

Thanks, just Google'd the system, the tail pipes look very large not my cup of tea. I also like the idea of buying from someone who can supply and fit just to make things simpler.

(Post Link) post #29 of 34 Old 30-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmicusPro View Post
I had the Alfatune exhaust on my 156 with a remap. Sweet sound, not too loud, but no videos alas. Sounded great in tunnels too. It was the one big thing Dan recovered from my old 156.

I'm looking for a 159SW (hence lurking round here) and depending on cost, will be considering a remap with new exhaust system. Not sure yet and will depend if I can get it up to Gus or if there's somewhere a little more local.
What engine did you have in the 156?
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
I went for the Wizard pipes because I completely trust Autolusso, I have asked Lawrence for his thoughts on things before and I get an honest opinion, some ideas Ive had I have just dropped because of his advice, some I have gone for.
As I said earlier, the Brera/Spider pipes are completely different to anything on a 159, time will tell.

By changing the back pipes does that mean that I have to tell the insurance company, with a remap then yes but just for pipes ?
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
For some reason the link doesn't work for me can you send it again or post the title of the video?
Quote:
That's a 4 cylinder
Says it's a 2.4?
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
I went for the Wizard pipes because I completely trust Autolusso, I have asked Lawrence for his thoughts on things before and I get an honest opinion, some ideas Ive had I have just dropped because of his advice, some I have gone for.
As I said earlier, the Brera/Spider pipes are completely different to anything on a 159, time will tell.

By changing the back pipes does that mean that I have to tell the insurance company, with a remap then yes but just for pipes ?
Technically we are supposed to tell them if we change anything. In my opinion just an excuse in many cases to charge you admin fees and a little more premium.
SpiderSaint likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Brera/Spider & 159 exhaust parts are different, they're just a big round 4" chromed trim on the 159 but the Brera/Spider use a Y-piece each side and two smaller tailpipes which are slash cut both on the vertical to follow the inward curve of the bumper and on the horizontal to follow the rounded lines at the back of the car, hence why prices are different.

Best to get in touch with your car details & country/postcode for a delivered price: www.facebook.com/WizardExhausts
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Nothing :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_the_spider View Post
what engine did you have in the 156?
2.0jts

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
alfatune , exhaust , spider , veloce , wizard

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page