Saris Bones 3 on a 159 saloon / suggest a bike rack - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent
Saris Bones 3 on a 159 saloon / suggest a bike rack

Just a quick post , has anyone fitted a Saris bones 3 bike rack to a 159 saloon , what was the fit like , did you suffer from any scratch marks ? I am considering one ,I would cover any holding points with some sort of material though.

any tips or advice , if you have a found a better bike rack please let me know what it is and links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 25-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

I found this...

Alfa Romeo 159 Bike Rack
AO Member

County: -
I have a saris bones 3, I will be selling it as I went the roof rack option instead.

It fits fine, just wasn't happy with putting my bike on the rear
AO Member

County: Berkshire
I bought one of these Saris Bones 3 in red to 'match' my red Ti. Fitted it once and wasn't happy that the catches wouldn't scratch the paintwork where they clip around the boot lid...took it off again and it's been consigned to the understair's cupboard ever since! :big laugh:
If I whip both wheels off the bike I found it will fit in the boot with the rear seat folded! Would therefore consider selling Saris 3 if someone made a sensible offer!
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

thanks for the info , I would probably use an old bike inner cube to cover the paintwork where the catches where to avoid the scratching. the roof rack option is being considered.
AO Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pateman View Post
thanks for the info , I would probably use an old bike inner cube to cover the paintwork where the catches where to avoid the scratching. the roof rack option is being considered.
I Have one and found it to be really good. The metal clips that "clip" over the boot edges I have covered with chamois leather so not a scratch at all. there's not many other options apart from roof rack. But Saris 3 is good option.
AO Member

County: Gauteng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pateman View Post
Just a quick post , has anyone fitted a Saris bones 3 bike rack to a 159 saloon , what was the fit like , did you suffer from any scratch marks ? I am considering one ,I would cover any holding points with some sort of material though.

any tips or advice , if you have a found a better bike rack please let me know what it is and links.
I have on for my 159, it works very well and is very stable even at high speeds. Yet to cause any scratches, I take care to clean the contact areas very well before fitting the rack to prevent any dust particles to get stuck between the paint and the rack.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags