Q-tronic error - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By cskals
  • 1 Post By cskals
  • 1 Post By Alfa.Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Fyn
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Help Q-tronic error

Hi guys.
I need a little help with my 159 2.4 JTDm Q-tronic.
I think I have an electric problem from my gearbox.
When I start my car everything seems to be ok except maybe a bit of rough idling, when I start driving the car is making a kind of jerks and within 100 meters errors starts, VDC, Hill holder, Gearbox all of it. Also the car won't change gears. If I stop, take out the key, start the car, errors are gone, and I can drive again, 100 meters rince'n'repeat
The fuelgauge sometimes follow the rpm and sometimes the lights flashes different places inside the car.

Last week I had the exhaustmanifold replaced since it was broken where the turbo is mounted. Maybe some small minus cord is making all of this?

The battery shows 12.5 V when the car is turned off, 13.75 V started, I assume this is within acceptable numbers.
Using MultiECUscan shows no errors at all, not any of the once that are shown when I drive.

Anyways, do any of you guys have an ideer as where to start my troubleshooting?

Carsten Skals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Kent
I had an issue with the injector 1 plug giving too much resistance, which threw up loads of various fault codes and made the qtronic slam into gears when going between 1st and neutral and reverse. Also came up with qtronic fault codes. Replaced injector 1 plug and wiring which solved the issue. Same as you, fault would clear on restart then reappear soon after. Odd, I did strip down the old injector plug but could not find anything a miss
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 27-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa.Romeo View Post
I had an issue with the injector 1 plug giving too much resistance, which threw up loads of various fault codes and made the qtronic slam into gears when going between 1st and neutral and reverse. Also came up with qtronic fault codes. Replaced injector 1 plug and wiring which solved the issue. Same as you, fault would clear on restart then reappear soon after. Odd, I did strip down the old injector plug but could not find anything a miss
That's super info
Thanks a lot, I'll look into it straight away
Lord_of_beard likes this.

(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 27-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

That was it
Took the plugs of and cleaned them, put them back on and my car drives like it was new
YAY, Happy ending :-)
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Excellent stuff, glad it's sorted. One word of warning though, mine only stayed fixed for a couple of days and the only way i could keep it fixed was with a new plug which comes with about 5 inches of wire. Cheap kit to buy and quite an easy repair, but hopefully yours stays sorted. Cheers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
error , qtronic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page