Perhaps another Brera in 2020 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clay19

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Perhaps another Brera in 2020

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/alfa-...e-9010945.html

A German auto-Webber is running the news above, they state in the article that a successor to the 4c has been announced for 2020 they go on to state that it could be this Brera, but also mention it's in the hands of the gods at the moment what the new successor to the 4c will actually be.

They mention some radical new tech will be used, not carbon something beyond that with very little alloy used too. They state this news has come from a Ralph Gilles some Canadian car designer if I have his name right
Lord_of_beard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
I thought it was accepted that the Giulia Coupe will be coming out around then, or maybe even a year or two after for the UK?
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 17-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Don't really know lussoman as I've not been on the forum for a good while, it's still fresh news to me probably old uninteresting news to others now.

Oh-well you learn a new thing everyday as they say who ever they're

AO Silver Member

I don't think there's anything set in concrete yet.
Seems to be an awful lot of speculation.
I guess it depends on how the saloon sales go. Either way, I can't see them using the 'Brera' name.

This is the first I've heard about the 4C being sacked-off, though that German site could well be the equivalent of our own useless comic 'Auto Express' with their worthless in-house renderings.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 17-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

They did say that nothing is set in stone except the 4c is going which is expected anyway as the 4c is old tech (a tbi engine with no power steering & a bonnet that has to be unbolted to top up resevoir bottles), plus it'll be six years old in 2020.

Ralph Gilles is head of design for fiat/Chrysler group in Detroit since 2015. He is known for the 300c, & designing the STR brand for Chevrolet too that's who has apparently has said that an all-new Brera could be on the cards. The cars for the American future market could be a totally different type designed & built their & not for European markets. Lots of car makers sell different cars strictly for the American markets, It is plausible to me anyway.

Talk of the Brera to be the launch car for the US market was said years ago, in 3.2 q4 format & a Q-Tronic box, which I could see why the GM parts was such a good idea at the time as customers could get cars sorted out quick without waiting for parts to arrive from Italy on back-order. As we know they launched back in the US with the 8c instead. I would like to see a new Brera, but who knows where Alfa are heading.
AO Silver Member

It'd be great if they had a circa 25k coupe again.
Then 2-3 years after it's out I can get one.
So it's going to be a long long time, if ever, for me and a lot of others I guess to be in another sporting Alfa.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
2020 , brera

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page