Upgrading my 159 Sportwagon - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 13-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -Denmark
Upgrading my 159 Sportwagon

Hello Alfaowner forum,

First of all, I'm new in this forum and can't wait to be a part of a Alfa Romeo forum

I'm the owner of a 2006 Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon 1,9JTS, however it's equipped with quite a lot from the TI package, such as;
19" Original TI rims
Alu covered mirrors
TI leather cabin with VST screens in the headrest
Original lowered sportsuspension
Sports exhaust

I wish to add to the list, but I need your help and advice.

I want to equip the original TI sideskirts on my car, but I have my doubts if it's even possible to make it look like it does on an original TI. Does any of you have experience with this or know if it's even possible? Also I haven't been able to find a store which sells the TI sideskirts, would any of you know where to look? I have already emailed my local Alfa Romeo store, but is currently waiting for a reply.

The same goes for the interior trim with centerconsol, I wish to change it in mine due to wear and tear over the years. I am looking for the Brushed Alu trim, but again can't locate anywhere to buy it from? I have checked with autorecycle centers with no luck. If I'm all out of luck and can't locate the items, then I will consider wrapping it in Carbon.

Lastly I have enclosed a picture, would any of you know the name and colorcode of this color?

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa-romeo-159-sportwagon-1314649207-1821.jpg (90.2 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Hi and welcome!
Have a look using the search function, the side skirts have been covered before. In terms of the dash, unless you intend to change all the dials as well, it may well be easier/ cheaper to have the dashboard wrapped. Many of the vinyls are now textured and very realistic, again a search should bring up some examples!
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 14-08-16 Thread Starter

County: -Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
Hi and welcome!
Have a look using the search function, the side skirts have been covered before. In terms of the dash, unless you intend to change all the dials as well, it may well be easier/ cheaper to have the dashboard wrapped. Many of the vinyls are now textured and very realistic, again a search should bring up some examples!
Thank you, and yeah I have used the search function and have found what I look for..

AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Brera

I think that colour is called "8c red". Essentially a red over a silver base coat.
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewe View Post
I think that colour is called "8c red". Essentially a red over a silver base coat.
I've seen it under name rosso or red competizione, colour code 115 according to pdf catalog I have. Expensive option - not sure how much was in UK, but in Poland equivalent of around GBP2000.

County: Leicestershire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsonix View Post
I've seen it under name rosso or red competizione, colour code 115 according to pdf catalog I have. Expensive option - not sure how much was in UK, but in Poland equivalent of around GBP2000.
It is called Rubino red. I happen to have a 159 in this colour and it does look better each time I look at it.
As for your interior trim you could always have it plasti dipped or even hydrographic printed both offer many different finish options for a reasonable cost.
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeno View Post
It is called Rubino red. I happen to have a 159 in this colour and it does look better each time I look at it.
As for your interior trim you could always have it plasti dipped or even hydrographic printed both offer many different finish options for a reasonable cost.
No, Rubino Red (under colour code 583), is not the colour from the picture in question - rubino red, like the 'rubino' suggests
(from Italian) is ruby. I know the colour well as my good friend has 159 in rubino red.

The colour from the pictures, is special colour, which was only available on some markets, only in some model years (surely not from start, only last maybe 2 years of production), which is called rosso or red competizione, on some markets red 8C competizione. Colour code is 115. It is special 3 coat layer paint and was super expensive vs metaliic paint.

I know well as I nearly bought 159 in such colour last year.

All information confimed also from pdf catalogs I have on my PC.

And comparison pictures, here is rubino red:
http://www.italiaspeed.com/new_model...fa_159_012.jpg
and here red competizione:
http://www.yosax.com/car_pictures/20...9-1750-tbi.jpg

Note, that Giulietta also has paint option called rosso competizione, but the colour is different than on 159

Last edited by epsonix; 15-08-16 at 20:17.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

I have one in rubino red myself, and can confirm that that color is NOT rubino red. Rubino red is a tad darker. My best guess is that it is a 8C red, as mentioned above.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , sportwagon , upgrading

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page