best 2.0L performance air filter? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By TheCrust
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
best 2.0L performance air filter?

I have a 2L diesel and want to add a performance filter , i know gains are minimal if any but i miss having the induction roar so i am going to install a filter to try and get a bit more noise from it , does anybody have one fitted to there 2L if so what make does anybody recommend! I have tried searching for a thread that should a cold air feed but cant find it!
I know a filter wont give me a proper induction roar like an induction kit but cant seem to find much in the way of tuning for the 2L and as the airfilter is very low down am worried about water ingress as i dont have an undertray fitted

any help would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
I've got a K&N replacement element on my 2.0 JTDm.

Some say an oiled filter element like the K&N will kill the hot-wire AFM but having done a bit of research on the one fitted to my car, it seems Bosch list it as being tolerant to oil contamination in their spec sheets so I figured I'd chance it. The filter has been on there over a year / 10k miles now with no problems but you might want to check your own AFM to confirm it is equally tolerant, or go with a dry foam-type element instead.

Not noticed any improvement in induction noise, or economy - but I know at least it's not mouldy like the old paper element that came out was!
corasdad likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

20l , air , filter , performance