159 bonnet respray cost and recommendations - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 03-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
159 bonnet respray cost and recommendations

Hi all,

Quick question as I've noticed a 5p sized chip right next to the front Alfa badge on the bonnet so must get repaired asap...

What is the current going rate for a full bonnet respray and do any of you recommend a good place that is both a good balance of quality and economy? Bare in mind I live in Hertfordshire and so any overnight jobs would have to be local.

I'm gutted that I'm going to have to get a full respray for one chip, but all companies I ring say due to the size, location and colour of my car (Silver) it won't be a perfect job.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe.

2007 159 1.9 JTDM - Argento with Full Black Leather
Wheels: 18" Multi-spoke in Dark Anthracite
Engine Mods: DPF/EGR Delete/De-Swirled
Exhaust: Wizard Dual Backboxes Conversion
Lighting Mods: 6500K HID's & Fogs, Osram LED Conversion, Tri-Halo Conversion
Aesthetics: De-Chromed Grille, Brera Nose, EZ Lip, Biscione plate badge & Decals
Future Mods/ Fixes: Powerflex Bushes, Ti Skirts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: London
Give autolusso a call. I had a quote from a body shop for 900 with the same old lines of due to the colour, it won't be right etc etc. Autolusso sorted it for almost half of the quote and its a perfect colour match. They may need the car for more than a day but they can sort a courtesy car out for you.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 06-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Yeah might have to, although whilst I understand they will do a good job, 500 or so quid for one stone chip is hard to justify. Maybe if I spend the money on sideskirts and refurbing the wheels I'll forget ;P
AO Member

County: London
I wouldn't have thought a bonnet respray from Autolusso would be as much as 500?
dc
AO Silver Member

Can't one of those chip removal companies sort it out for you?
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by must go faster View Post
I wouldn't have thought a bonnet respray from Autolusso would be as much as 500?
I didn't quote 500 to paint a bonnet

Ned
AO Member

County: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolusso View Post
I didn't quote 500 to paint a bonnet

Ned
Different country & different currency but I got my bonnet, front bumper and both wings done for 500, there was no prior damage just normal stone chips
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Silver is a swine of a colour to match edge to edge, any body shop will admit this and they normally flat the edges of the adjoining panels and blend in then re lacquer. For a 5 pence size chip i would get it touched up professionally for 100 and not have the hassle of mismatched panels.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 08-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Yeah silver is notoriously hard, there has been a prior stone chip touched up by a professional with a previous owner and in certain lighting it looks pretty bad to be honest, the actual smoothing out and repairing is perfect, but the colour isn't and there's the tell tale spotted appearance of a repair.

If I'm going to go with a full bonnet respray I'd really be looking at doing the bumper aswell as this is the worst part of the car in regards to paint. I've had the bumper repaired of dents and chips and it looks great, but the repairer told me its been repainted 2-3 times and hasn't been keyed in properly around the light housings and grill, you can see the paint chipping away. So really at some point I'd like to address this.

Ontop of which if I'm getting the full monty, bonnet, bumper et all, I'd like to protect is as best I can with plastic sheeting e.t.c so I'd expect to be shelling out 600-800 for the whole job. Would seemed silly respraying what would otherwise be a pretty immaculate looking bonnet whilst leaving the actual panels that need work out.

I appreciate the input guys, call me stupid but in the meantime I ordered some chipex to blend it as best I can whilst I save up the funds for a full front end respray.

Cheers,
Joe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , bonnet , cost , recommendations , respray