Having problems shifting my loved Brera 2.2Jts - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Lancashire
As an alternative to WeBuyAnyCar I came across Value Your Car | Sytner Group Limited when looking at a part/ex of my car against a Merc.
Very easy and quick to do.
In my case 8.35k showroom; 7.825k average; 7.3k below average.
It's about what I had in mind as a trade-in.
Probably add a grand to those figures for a private sale.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
To me it is quite simple.

The MOT is too short.

5+ owners doesn't mean anything that could mean 10, 15 or 20. State 5 if it is 5 not 5+. If Auto Trader defaults to 5+ then add it to the general description.

Finally the photos. Hundreds of words here already about the quality of these and, as you know, people are viewing your advert and then not going any further. Get some really nice shots with rough access roads, half built huts and some dodgy looking bloke (joke) in the background. You may have a great spot to live and be working hard restoring the properties but most people are going to think if that is what the house and grounds are like then he won't have loved the car. Also add photos of the big bills.

Sadly people will have already seen and discounted this car so may not look again even with new photos. It might be worth taking the advert down for a few weeks and then re-advertising.
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 08-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hirwaun

Member car:

Brera SV 2.2jts

To be honest I think the main problem was the amount of owners and the MOT, due to work commitments I've struggled to find time with putting a fresh MOT on it. As I've taken delivery of the new car I opted to use a car buying service, they gave me a fair price to be honest, 3,000 plus a fee of 50, but they come to you, no fuss, paid straight away. I guess that the car will now go to auction, maybe someone can find some joy from it in the years to come! Thanks for all the advice everyone! I appreciate it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , sale