Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS S 3dr - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 48

Member car:

Brera S Prodrive

Brera S or JTS S is a Prodrive modified JTS no other model should be called a an S.

This car is a standard JTS with a few bells and whistles to try and justify the price which IMO is over priced, but then it is at a London dealer.

Sellers describing the spec as a S are potentially misleading buyers, this price would be fair for a Brera S price but not a standard Brera with a few trinkets fitted on it.
joemackem likes this.
Camerondawn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,247
For those that need to get up to speed, this is one of the better posts:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...l#post14255121 (Brera 2 and Prodrive - 2 Versions?)
John C. and joemackem like this.
lussoman is offline  
dc
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
dc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1,056

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

That's the post I started earlier this year...
I thought that I knew a bit about Breras after owning a Diesel and a 2.2 Jts but it turned out, like Manuel in Fawlty Towers, "I know nothing"...

Whatever you decide with this Brera, if you're heart is set on it then that's the only way to go with an Alfa...
John C. and joemackem like this.
dc is offline  
 
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
County: -
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemackem View Post
Anyone had any dealings with Veloces of London? This one caught my eye, had a quick work with the sales guy and it's had 2 owners and it's also had the timing chain done. A bit pricey maybe, or is it worth the money?

Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2 JTS S 3dr (2009) in Red | Veloces of London

Cheers

Joe

I was also looking at this car, although I'm not keen on the alloys either!

Can anyone tell my if the Brera comfortably fits the taller gentlemen? (6ft 3") A friend of mine told me I might not be comfortable sitting in the seat.

Cheers,

Jack
krackal is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
John C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South.Yorkshire
County: UK
Posts: 76
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackal View Post
I was also looking at this car, although I'm not keen on the alloys either!

Can anyone tell my if the Brera comfortably fits the taller gentlemen? (6ft 3") A friend of mine told me I might not be comfortable sitting in the seat.

Cheers,

Jack
Your friend would be correct, any Brera is not the car for a tall (6ft 3") driver.
John C. is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
John C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South.Yorkshire
County: UK
Posts: 76
Images: 2
Joe, check your personal messages,

John.C
John C. is offline  
Status: supporting a bank near you
AO Silver Member
 
Top Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 3,870
Images: 3
If you email Alfa Romeo UK with the registration number and chassis number they can tell you if its a Prodrive or not, they cannot issue replacement certificates anymore though. At the end of the limited Prodrive campaign there were bits left over so there are cars out there with 'some' Prodrive bits on. You can buy an 'S' badge on ebay so dont put too much value on that. The seats to, after mid 2008 all 939 Spiders and Breras had the later seats, however the Prodrive seats had a different insert. But these things are superficial. The main thing is the uprated suspension and wheels all which knock about 100kg off the weight of a Prodrive. The car in question looks like a regular Brera with some bits on, in which cas nearly 10K is not cheap.

Someone said to me, "so whats so special about an Alfa Romeo then?" I told him, "If you have to ask, you wont understand".

Giulia Super 2.0MA, wife drives 939 Spider 2.2, plus now a 147 1.6 TS whilst the Spider hibernates and there is a 1972 Spider 2000 S2 in the garage for fun days.

Previously, Brera 2.2 Prodrive - 159 SW 1.9JTDm
Top Down is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
John C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South.Yorkshire
County: UK
Posts: 76
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRed Brera View Post
If you email Alfa Romeo UK with the registration number and chassis number they can tell you if its a Prodrive or not, they cannot issue replacement certificates anymore though. At the end of the limited Prodrive campaign there were bits left over so there are cars out there with 'some' Prodrive bits on. You can buy an 'S' badge on ebay so dont put too much value on that. The seats to, after mid 2008 all 939 Spiders and Breras had the later seats, however the Prodrive seats had a different insert. But these things are superficial. The main thing is the uprated suspension and wheels all which knock about 100kg off the weight of a Prodrive. The car in question looks like a regular Brera with some bits on, in which cas nearly 10K is not cheap.
The Brera in question is not a Prodrive, It a Brera S,
as for there were some bits left over, that is here say, nothing more, a bit like there were 500 Prodrive's built, Alfa and Prodrive went there own ways before the full 500 were built.
The Car in question should have the Prodrive suspension including the rollbars,
but as with most cars of this nature the experts get involved, so it is a possibility the suspension could have been changed, but when car was released as new it would have been with the Prodrive suspension kit, every thing else was an option that came at an extra cost.
As for contacting Alfa UK you do not need the chassis number,
And what you will get back is this below, if the car was released by Alfa UK as a Brera S

John C.
Attached Images
File Type: png alfa customer care.png (370.3 KB, 15 views)
lussoman likes this.

Brera S 2.2 JTS, 1.8 156 Sportwagon, Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa Coupe.
John C. is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 48

Member car:

Brera S Prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
The Brera in question is not a Prodrive, It a Brera S,
as for there were some bits left over, that is here say, nothing more, a bit like there were 500 Prodrive's built, Alfa and Prodrive went there own ways before the full 500 were built.
The Car in question should have the Prodrive suspension including the rollbars,
but as with most cars of this nature the experts get involved, so it is a possibility the suspension could have been changed, but when car was released as new it would have been with the Prodrive suspension kit, every thing else was an option that came at an extra cost.
As for contacting Alfa UK you do not need the chassis number,
And what you will get back is this below, if the car was released by Alfa UK as a Brera S

John C.
As stated earlier the only Brera S is the Prodrive version, there are not different models they are the same car, the special booklet that came with the Prodrive car has a metal S badge on the front cover and the car is refered to as the Brera S I believe S was Special, with all the Prodrive upgrades listed included and is also known as the JTS S.

What confuses the issue are dealers trying to selll something they have not got which is a Prodrive special edition for a premium note Veloces advert when they state Prodrive style wheels which is a play on words and misleading to the uniformed again trying to sell a basic JTS for a premium, name dropping Prodrive, whilst the badges, back boxes, brembos and wheels are easy to fit however the different dash dials would be expensive and harder to fit , so perhaps 1 of the real pointers as well as the suspension. Not every Prodrive was issued with a certificate either making it harder to confirm, but also does not mean to dismiss on grounds without either.
R50MEO likes this.
Camerondawn is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,247
The 'confusion', at least for some, is because of the name some cars were registered as.
As stated, and this really is getting tedious now, many cars hit UK roads registered as 'S' cars but with only a few of the Prodrive toys.
Nobody's trying to pull a fast one, this is simply what Alfa UK actually did. No doubt they were intended to be Prodrive cars, but in the end not all of them got the full kit.

At no point in the Veloces ad does it claim the car is a 'Prodrive', merely an 'S'.
Countless other ads have been the same.

I think someone who has an 'S' that isn't a Prodrive needs to upload a photo of their logbook...
John C. likes this.

Past: GTV T.Spark Lusso (owned 8 years) Present: 948 Spider LE (bought Nov. '10) Future: 8C (in my dreams )
Previously (selective): Porsche 944 Turbo; Porsche 944S; Jaguar XJ6; Audi Coupe; Mark 2 Golf GTI.
lussoman is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 48

Member car:

Brera S Prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
The 'confusion', at least for some, is because of the name some cars were registered as.
As stated, and this really is getting tedious now, many cars hit UK roads registered as 'S' cars but with only a few of the Prodrive toys.
Nobody's trying to pull a fast one, this is simply what Alfa UK actually did. No doubt they were intended to be Prodrive cars, but in the end not all of them got the full kit.

At no point in the Veloces ad does it claim the car is a 'Prodrive', merely an 'S'.
Countless other ads have been the same.

I think someone who has an 'S' that isn't a Prodrive needs to upload a photo of their logbook...
The run of Prodrive cars was ltd to around 500 according to how many left web site there are only 470 registered JTS S on the Uk roads currently the suggestion there are many others badged as S and stated as S in log books in addition to the 500 Prodrives unless my maths are out would one not expect this number to be higher than 500.
Camerondawn is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
John C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South.Yorkshire
County: UK
Posts: 76
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
The 'confusion', at least for some, is because of the name some cars were registered as.
As stated, and this really is getting tedious now, many cars hit UK roads registered as 'S' cars but with only a few of the Prodrive toys.

At no point in the Veloces ad does it claim the car is a 'Prodrive', merely an 'S'.
Countless other ads have been the same.

I think someone who has an 'S' that isn't a Prodrive needs to upload a photo of their logbook...
I should of thought of that, nice one.

As for the numbers, the models released as a Brera S were done as a selling point to save them being scrapped, but still a few did get scrapped, as did a lot of normal Brera's in Europe
They were not part of the Prodrive consignment .

what has been blanked out,
my full name and address,
VIN/Chassis/Frame No.
Engine Number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa brera uk reg.jpg (149.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-08-01_11-06-38.jpg (387.6 KB, 9 views)
lussoman and joemackem like this.

Last edited by John C.; 28-07-16 at 21:08.
John C. is offline  
(Post Link) post #38 of 40 Old 28-07-16 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 31

Member car:

Brera S Prodrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Joe, check your personal messages,

John.C
Cheers John
John C. likes this.
joemackem is offline  
Status: Waiting for 159 Replacement
AO Member
 
nueva alfista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: W London & Gloucester
Posts: 218
Images: 1

Member car:

AR GT>Juke>Brera

You could try these guys in Birmingham. I bought my 2.2 JTS of them last Oct. It came with the Prodrive alloys in black not anthracite. Happy with the car. Run by two Alfa fans and have been around for a few years. Yes I went from London to these guys as they had the car that I wanted and it was cheaper as it wasn't a genuine Prodrive.

http://www.lovealfa.co.uk/

Best of Luck !
joemackem likes this.
nueva alfista is offline  
Status: supporting a bank near you
AO Silver Member
 
Top Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Sussex
Posts: 3,870
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
The Brera in question is not a Prodrive, It a Brera S,
as for there were some bits left over, that is here say, nothing more, a bit like there were 500 Prodrive's built, Alfa and Prodrive went there own ways before the full 500 were built.
The Car in question should have the Prodrive suspension including the rollbars,
but as with most cars of this nature the experts get involved, so it is a possibility the suspension could have been changed, but when car was released as new it would have been with the Prodrive suspension kit, every thing else was an option that came at an extra cost.
As for contacting Alfa UK you do not need the chassis number,
And what you will get back is this below, if the car was released by Alfa UK as a Brera S

John C.
John, Are you suggesting that Alfa Romeo had a regular Brera, an S and a Prodrive S? If so, I can find nothing to back that claim on the internet, can you supply the source of your information.
Without actually seeing a pile of parts, of course it is hearsay, however I was told by a reliable source that parts were left and if you think about it a production run of exactly 500 is unlikely.
My understanding is that all Breras from MY 08 had hollow roll bars.
You say the car in question should have the Prodrive suspension, why should it?

I am interested to know what the difference is between an S and a Prodrive S.

We should also remember several Breras have been 'Prodrived' , even diesels.
Top Down is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
3dr , alfa , brera , jts , romeo

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome