159 Bumper Bolts sourcing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 24-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

159 Bumper Bolts sourcing

Hi Guys,

I've had a little look, but can only find US sources.

Basically I'am looking for the T27 Torx Bolts used to hold the Bumper onto the Chassis and also the smaller phillips screws for the wheel arches.

If anyone knows of any Ebay listings of the correct bolts and website links that would be great, preferably stainless steel as well please as I'am having to take the car to a garage to remove some rusted bolts that have lost their thread as my T27 screw bit simply doesn't grab hold of a few.

Thanks in advanced.

2007 159 1.9 JTDM - Argento with Full Black Leather
Wheels: 18" Multi-spoke in Dark Anthracite
Chassis Mods: Powerflexed front-lower wishbones
Engine Mods: DPF/EGR Delete/De-Swirled
Exhaust: Wizard Dual Backboxes Conversion
Lighting Mods: 6500K HID's & Fogs, Osram LED Conversion, Tri-Halo Conversion
Aesthetics: De-Chromed Grille, Brera Nose, EZ Lip, Biscione plate badge & Decals
Future Mods/ Fixes: Ti Skirts, Eibach & Blisteins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
The Torx screws are M6 thread - so any suitable M6 screw can be used - I've just used M6x20 stainless hex heads, with stainless penny washers, to reattach mine.

I had to make some replacement lower mounts for the bumper (the brackets that bolt to the radiator lower support) as the original ones had rusted so much there was nothing to screw too - made those from a couple of bits of stainless bar, and used two M8x20 hex heads to where the bumper and undertray are attached.

As for the self tappers - it may be that the plastic plugs the screws go into are stripped - so either new plugs, or slightly larger screw is needed.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 24-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDm

Thanks Bric, I ordered some M6 bolts, but the heads where always too small to properly cover the hole and keep the bumper and chassis connected - or the bolt head was never completely flat and thus didn't sit flush when screwed.

Would I look a right numpty if at my service I ask the mechanic to replace the bolts for me, one being impossible to remove as thread has gone (So would need help anyhow)?
I've literally got 3/4 underside bumper bolts missing and all internal bolts are a nice shade of rust.

AO Member

County: -
Hence the penny washers - standard penny washers are around 25-30mm diameter, normally enough to cover the hole. You can get larger dimeter ones if needed. Standard ones covered all mine.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , bolts , bumper , sourcing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page