Spider boot lid sensor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Spider boot lid sensor

Past week my Spider has started showing the "boot lid open" warning light permanently on, whether the boot is open or closed (the remote & central electronic opening switches work OK). This is a "right pain" because now the roof won't open (presumably because the "brain" thinks the boot is open).
I did read some thread suggesting that if the battery output voltage drops, various warning lights get tripped, so not sure if that's the issue (still on original battery 7 years later), or whether the sensor itself (or some other electronic wizardry) has failed. Before it gets taken to the clever & expensive people, does anyone have any ideas / quick fixes?
Regards from the Doc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cheste siore pajarà dut, mai veri vueit !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
I used to get that intermittently, but it hasn't done it for years now.
What condition is the black flexible conduit (near the hinge of the boot lid on the left hand side) in?
It has a tendency to get trapped when the boot is open and closed. This causes the rubber to fray.
I've taped mine up in insulating tape.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 24-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Warwickshire
Well, well ! External temp drops to 22d today (having prev been registering 25d - 30d during the hot spell), and the boot open sensor light has not come on, the boot still opens, & the roof now opens .

And here's silly me thinking a car designed for a Mediterranean climate can't possibly have it's electronics affected by a bit of English sun & heat. Ah, well....!

AO Member

County: Bergamo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Well, well ! External temp drops to 22d today (having prev been registering 25d - 30d during the hot spell), and the boot open sensor light has not come on, the boot still opens, & the roof now opens .

And here's silly me thinking a car designed for a Mediterranean climate can't possibly have it's electronics affected by a bit of English sun & heat. Ah, well....!
It's not unheard of !

I had a period during one summer where the roof would not open as the hydraulic pump was reporting it was too hot. It would clear after a short drive though and work as usual afterwards. It was annoying finishing work, getting in the car and then having to stop half way home if I wanted to take the roof down.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
boot , lid , sensor , spider

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page