Brera tuning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06

Member car:

ALFA BRERA 3,2Q4

Help Brera tuning

Due to the Brera's lack of accelaration, speed........I need info for the Autodelta. I've seen their latest Brera J5 C in the net.
Does anyone knows how reliable these things are?
How reliable Autodelta is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Alfa 33, GTV 2.0, MG 1500

Re: Brera tuning

Well, Autodelta do have a good name, however, I think if you get your car tuned by them it will invalidate the warantee
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06
Global Mod Team

County: Milano

Member car:

ex 147 2.0 Selespeed

They certainly seem to have a lot of experience.
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Giulietta Cloverleaf

I believe they give you a 12month 12,000mile guarantee - or that's what they told me when I phoned them.

However, there's a chap on here 'slimbloke' who I believe has also spoken to them and they intimated that they might be offerring an extended one - although presumably for a price.

You might want to send a P/M to slimbloke as I think he was due to have a test drive in one.

I wouldn't recommend e-mailing Autodelta as I also did that about 3 weeks ago and haven't had a reply yet. You might like to phone them but I suppose, from Greece, that could be difficult?

Into The Unknown

#5 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06

Member car:

ALFA BRERA 3,2Q4

Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg
I believe they give you a 12month 12,000mile guarantee - or that's what they told me when I phoned them.

However, there's a chap on here 'slimbloke' who I believe has also spoken to them and they intimated that they might be offerring an extended one - although presumably for a price.

You might want to send a P/M to slimbloke as I think he was due to have a test drive in one.

I wouldn't recommend e-mailing Autodelta as I also did that about 3 weeks ago and haven't had a reply yet. You might like to phone them but I suppose, from Greece, that could be difficult?
The official agent in Greece probably will charge about 8.000euros for the improvement(rotrex, programme,exhaust...).
Any thoughts?...anyone?
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 09-10-06
Global Mod Team

Member car:

ex 147 2.0 Selespeed

The full shebang of changes should cost £10,000 plus VAT, so EUR 8k would probably get you some but not all the mods.

Good luck mate, hope it works out well for you!
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 12-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by deperni
Due to the Brera's lack of accelaration, speed........I need info for the Autodelta. I've seen their latest Brera J5 C in the net.
Oh er Deperni, be careful what you say, remember the Alanmo

#8 (Post Link)  
Old 12-10-06
AO Silver Member

County: Edinburgh

Member car:

RZ, 159 SW ti, 147 DC

Originally Posted by Gary Slegg
Oh er Deperni, be careful what you say, remember the Alanmo

Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg on the Dismal Alfa Sales thread yesterday
remember the Alanmo
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 12-10-06
Peter K

I've experienced it first hand during the European Tour, and it certainly held it's own.

From my home and back, the Tour meant that we drove about 5000 km in total, so i'd expect the J5 C to have covered the same distance.

The Brera J5 C is not as fast as 156/147 GTA Supercharged in a straight line, but a very fast car none the less.

From Cologne to Basel the Tour was behind schedule, so to make the destination (a waiting Reception) in resonable time, we split into three groups, front group going as a spearhead being the Brera and three Supercharged GTA's. We certainly made up a lot of time during that run, so i've also seen the Brera hold it together during prolonged highspeed driving.

Autodelta is very serious and professional about their products, so expect to be treated accordingly.

*BTW I don't work for Autodelta or even drive a Autodelta powered car (I drive a 156 GTA Novitec Kompressor)

Last edited by Peter K; 12-10-06 at 15:52.
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 15-10-06
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4 JTD

Well Happy Re: Brera tuning

If you have a look at jamieboy's post above you will see that I now have a claim to fame in being mentioned in despatches from the Slagg off's.
I hope I have managed to get under the skin of this pair of saddos whose one purpose in life seems to denegrate what the vast majority of owners seem to feel is an excellent car.
So much so that in a recent post from a future owner, warnings had to be given to beware the knockers and ignore them - the Slaggs.
I don't think that their mania is conducive to good spirits on an otherwise very interesting, helpfull and objective site.
Long may they have the right to appear here and expose their miseries with life
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 15-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Thumbs Up Re: Brera tuning

Originally Posted by Alanmo
If you have a look at jamieboy's post above you will see that I now have a claim to fame in being mentioned in despatches from the Slagg off's.
Hello Alan I was wondering how long it would be before you crawled out from under the woodwork, again, to entertain the forum with your lack of wit and wisdom I mean, you've even resorted to the type of playground taunts that, regrettably, accurately reflects your level of emotional maturity

I hope I have managed to get under the skin of this pair of saddos whose one purpose in life seems to denegrate what the vast majority of owners seem to feel is an excellent car.
My, my, you do have delusions of grandeur don't you Well, we'll discuss your need to feel 'special' in a moment, but first, lets examine exactly who it is who needs to "denegrate" (sic) the Brera.

I wrote:

Originally Posted by Gary Slegg
More importantly I would have expected the 3.2 Brera to have eclipsed the 3.2 Alfa GTV in terms of acceleration and top speed, which it doesn't I've driven a Brera, and I liked it, but there is something missing IMHO.
And you replied:

For goodness sake there are some sados on this forum who keep trotting out the same cliches about the Brera, and 159 for that matter. Don't they realise how boring and repetative they are - why not let them get on with their misery - no reply and the post will die.
Followed by lots more rambling vitriol. Which of course is all very odd considering that in an earlier thread you had written:

I am moving from the BM to a 159 because I love the look and feel of the car. I have had a number of fast cars and was considering the 159 V6, however, the performance though is nothing to write home about - that's my point and the economy is not good.
Now, obviously, anyone who reads the above will realise that you're a hypocrite - but we both know that there's more to it than that don't we . Of course, anyone who wants to find out more about you could read Adorno's work of the F-Type personality - but I doubt if anyone will bother . Your inferiority complex is all too apparent. You pontificate and yet are all too quick to criticise in an attempt to bolster your low self esteem.

So much so that in a recent post from a future owner, warnings had to be given to beware the knockers and ignore them - the Slaggs.
Yes, very adult Alan, and again you illustrate how you incorrectly see yourself as some type of prophet or guardian of "the truth". It's obviously escaped your attention that Deperni was writing because he was disappointed with the Brera's performance

I don't think that their mania is conducive to good spirits on an otherwise very interesting, helpfull and objective site.
Long may they have the right to appear here and expose their miseries with life
Yes, well, F-types like you are prone to projection. It's odd how one minute you see yourself as the defender of free speech, and the next you're criticising those who disagree, and even agree with you. I'm sure you'll be able to discuss these points further at your next meeting with your CPN. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

In every step, I hear your sobbing
Dare I break the shade with one caress
Dare I trespass to lift the veil
To touch the lips so soft and frail

It may be that love comes once and once only, preceded by rehersal, followed by regret.

Know well that however right a man may be they always find the fallen one guilty.

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
  #12 (Post Link)  
Old 15-10-06
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

159 SW TI 1750 TBi 240bhp

now,now boys....lets have a little decorum on the forum.......................thanks
  #13 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
Global Mod Team

Member car:

ex 147 2.0 Selespeed

Originally Posted by harleyriv
now,now boys....lets have a little decorum on the forum.......................thanks
What harleyriv said

Kidding aside, let's not get personal ok, we are just trying to exchange our own views on a topic we love, cars, so no need to get too agitated.
  #14 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by BigFoot
Kidding aside, let's not get personal ok, we are just trying to exchange our own views on a topic we love, cars, so no need to get too agitated.
Good post BF Its odd, but to date Alanmo has only posted 111 times, and at least 7 of these have been personal attacks on my brother or I . In addition of course, he was quick to call Chris_B a racist on the "Acroynym BMW", even though Chris himself is black As I mentioned before, such behaviour typifies someone with an inferiority complex, and is consistent with the Authoritarian-Aggressive personality.

Still, here's a challenge for Alanmo to prove that he's not delusional. Perhaps he could direct me to the post where I've said that either the Brera or the 159 was a bad car. Time for a reality check Alanmo
  #15 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 SW TI 1750 TBi 240bhp

I believe you've won the argument already Gary so perhaps now's the time to step back...
  #16 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4 JTD

Good grief you two, calm down and get a life - this is only a car related forum. I have neither the time nor inclination to go through your posts but I'm sure others will recognise the consistent level of negativity which shows in both your frequent one liners and longer posts such as the recent nonesense about track times.
Looking at that I am a mere novice at hurling abuse compared to you!!!
Where is all this psycho-babble coming from. Have you read a book which is too difficult for your limited intelligence or have you been receiving treatment yourselves???
For someone to go to the trouble that you have speaks volumes. I think you should search for more constructive ways of spending your time and energy, please, for all our sakes.
Adorno's is one of very many tools used in personality assessment. I prefer a more simple assessment - nutters comes to mind
  #17 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
Global Mod Team

Member car:

ex 147 2.0 Selespeed

Alanmo,

This
Where is all this psycho-babble coming from. Have you read a book which is too difficult for your limited intelligence or have you been receiving treatment yourselves???
and this
Adorno's is one of very many tools used in personality assessment. I prefer a more simple assessment - nutters comes to mind
shouldn't have been posted.

As I said, let's stop now and let's all get on back on topic.

Gary/Kevin: please refrain yourself as well. It's just not worth having a go at each other when we have cars to talk about, right?
  #18 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

You're right BF.

Alanmo was given the chance to justify his assertion that I'd said the Brera and the 159 were bad cars, and has failed to do so. I think it is patently obvious to all as to how much credence his posts deserve.

He's criticised the 3.2s performance, complained about orange peel paint, and now apparently can't get his car out of reverse - and yet he says I'm being negative for saying that I like the Brera and would probably buy one

Last edited by Gary Slegg; 16-10-06 at 10:10.
  #19 (Post Link)  
Old 16-10-06
wrinx

Gary, alanmo....enough.

wrinx
  #20 (Post Link)  
Old 17-10-06

Member car:

ALFA BRERA 3,2Q4

Thank you all for your help!!!!!
  #21 (Post Link)  
Old 17-10-06
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

Thank you all for your help!!!!!
Yes, sorry that your thread got hijacked - let us know how you get on
  #22 (Post Link)  
Old 17-10-06
AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 GTA

@Deperni: their warranty may not cover track use, so defintely check this out if you are planning on doing regular track days.
I don't know how negotiable (financially or otherwise) it is.

Their performance claims appear to be accurate in my experience, and I'm pretty familiar with their range.

Their Supercharging kits do appear to be good value.

@Peter : Aaah yes the tour, glad you had some fun
Meant to chat, before now, but too busy at work.
Hope your car held up well and all participants returned with themselves and their cars intact.

Originally Posted by Peter K
I've experienced it first hand during the European Tour, and it certainly held it's own.

From my home and back, the Tour meant that we drove about 5000 km in total, so i'd expect the J5 C to have covered the same distance.

The Brera J5 C is not as fast as 156/147 GTA Supercharged in a straight line, but a very fast car none the less.

From Cologne to Basel the Tour was behind schedule, so to make the destination (a waiting Reception) in resonable time, we split into three groups, front group going as a spearhead being the Brera and three Supercharged GTA's. We certainly made up a lot of time during that run, so i've also seen the Brera hold it together during prolonged highspeed driving.

Autodelta is very serious and professional about their products, so expect to be treated accordingly.

*BTW I don't work for Autodelta or even drive a Autodelta powered car (I drive a 156 GTA Novitec Kompressor)
  #23 (Post Link)  
Old 06-08-07

Member car:

ALFA BRERA 3,2Q4

Originally Posted by Gary Slegg View Post
Yes, sorry that your thread got hijacked - let us know how you get on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkl0Tc0UkBE
...not finished yet. Intercooler, exhaust and more advanced progamme, will be fitted on September

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
brera, tuning

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
Alfa romeo 156 jtd...
2003 alfa romeo 156...
2012 ALFA ROMEO...
Alfa Romeo 147 JTD
Alfa romeo gt 1.9...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Img 0961

View ALFAPAT's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Within your User Control Panel, you can change the way AO works:
For example, to change the number of posts per page, go to Edit Options and scroll down to 'Thread Display Options'. In the section 'Number of Posts to Show Per Page' select a desired amount.

New To Site? Need Help?