Well I must admit I've been somewhat procrastinating...
Now that I've finally started my job, I must admit I'd fancy a better ride (a 156, to be precise
). I've kept the Bella in good mechanical shape, but she now clocks 100k miles, and has minor cosmetic and electric issues here and there. I also wonder when the clutch and the exhaust pipe are going to go?
BUT... I simply like the ride. Every time I get back to the Bella from another car, it feels nimble and willing. And, the dollar has been doing terrible against the euro, so I've postponed the 156 for another 2 years or so, I think.
This is what I'd like/need to do:
- fix paint scratches,
- fix 5 visually annoying dings,
- fix central lock problem on driver's door,
- fix oil temp, minimal oil pressure sensors,
- fix "yo-yo" speedo,
- replace passenger side mirror,
- replace rubber joints on the trunk, doors, windshield,
- polish windshield,
- replace windshield wiper arms,
- clean windshield wiper rotors,
- replace two damaged doorcards,
- install powerflex-type bushes,
- update stereo and front speakers,
- move to 15" Alfa alloys,
- get leather seats,
- probably new exhaust line,
- probably new clutch.
So... do I invest and maintain/upgrade the 155 to adjust her to my tastes, and possibly keep her another 3 years? What do you guys think?