TS Down on power??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 155 TS

TS Down on power???

I am wondering if my 2.0 8v TS is a bit down on power at the moment. The car starts and runs absolutly A1 but I just dont think it has as much get up and go as once it had. If you put your foot down approx 1/3 to 1/2 way down on throttle it doesnt pick up very well it does go ok and builds up steadily enough to a good speed just no with alot of urgency. I have read a little into cam variators (possabily at fault I wonder??) I would also say the top end is a little tappy maybe the valve clearences are all wrong? Also does the engine have hydrolic timing chain tensioner??? I only ask as when cold there is a bit of a rattle coming from that side of the engine, if not might be a/c pump or something else???
Sorry so many questions just like to get as much imput as poss. Thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Re: TS Down on power???

its an 8valver, those never have variator probs! only the 16vs! the chain is not on a hydrolic tensioner, that i know of but will need lubing once the engine starts up so hence the slight rattle on startup. it could be something more simple like the air filter or even your throttle cable as these strech! you think its open 1/3 but it could be more like 1/4 and you will never reach full throttle! poss 3/4 with pedal on the floor. check your HT leads, plugs and coil packs.

hope this helps!

AO Member
County: Cardiff

Member car:

155 2.0 16v =D

Re: TS Down on power???

Hmm this could be what I am also looking for. I have noticed the same problem just I have the 1.8 8v. I didn't even think about the throttle cable!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155