155 V6 Radiator same as 2.0 or 1.8? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
155 V6 Radiator same as 2.0 or 1.8?

I have a 155 V6 and at present the radiator is leaking on it. I am looking for a replacement (possibly 2nd hand) if anyone has one? Also does anybody know if the radiator is the same as any other models or is it unique to the 155 V6?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Yorkshire
Re: 155 V6 Radiator same as 2.0 or 1.8?

Last week I had the radiator on an 8v 2l replaced, and I'm sure the Mechanic mentioned it was listed as a radiator for a v6 (£145) new, I think the later 16v engines used a cheaper type though
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

you can replace it with an uprated aluminium core rad! for around the same price!
AO Platinum Member

All the radiators are the same between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned models.

If your v6 has no a/c then the radiator out of any non-a/c version will fit, and v/v.

I think the a/c rads only have two extra little channels in them, so if you get a a/c rad and you don't have an a/c car then all you have to do is put a self-tapper with an O-ring on it into the holes (they're untapped, about 6mm diameter) and then forget about them.

The Q4 (turbo) has a wider radiator (596mm ? vs 568mm), so if you're off to the Med' in your motor on a regular basis you can try stuffing one of those in there, for extra cooling capacity. The support bracket has the mounting hole for the radiator leg already in it.. so you just have to move the rubber bung from the present hole into the new hole, then remove the plastic blank on the shroud that covers the gap where the extra radiator width is going to go.

The extra width is on the driver's side, where there's no hoses or pipes, so it'll fit nice.

www.buypartsby.co.uk will do a nice alu' Valeo rad' for about £120 - any model you like.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

155 , radiator