Electric Window help needed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 14-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 155 Q4

Hmmm Electric Window help needed

Ok, the sun is out, and Im on a mission to sort my windows on my Q4, as none of them work properly, starting with the rears, as the motors weren't even in there at all when I brought the car. However, it hasn't turned out to be as straightforawrd as just fitting the new parts.

Basically, there is no power going to either of the rear windows. I've put test probes on to confirm this. The fuse is fine, and has power coming from it. But on the switch panel, there is no power to or from either of the switches. Now going by what I've found on this car so far, I fully expected it to be unplugged somewhere along ther loom. Ive taken up the centre trim, but you can't follow the wiring back very far, as it goes beneath the carpet. However after digging around I did find this white unconnected plug. I can't find the other end however. Does anyone know if this is the rear window plug, or something that just isn't used on this model?

I've tried more than one window switch and know both motors work fine. Any ideas?

and another problem...I've fitted the rear in, they don't work but at least they're where they should be. However the fronts I have a problem with. There are no runners at all in there at the moment, its obvious where the small one goes, but I can't see for the life of me where the larger one should fit

plus, which of these runners is the correct one? I'm working blind here as I have no complete window to take a guide from

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

electric , needed , window