injector light problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-03-06 Thread Starter

Member car:

injector light problem

hi there everybody,

After reading the alfa 155 service manual and some time checking the car, found out that the lamda sensor is working and the injector light problem was due to a blown 7.5amp fuse. After restoring the fuse then did the engine check light procedure and was very happy that the code given was 4-4-4-4, showing no problem with the car.

So decided to bring the car for a spin, wow it was totaly a different feel of power driving with a lamda sensor working. but alas during driving then suddenly the injector light came out again. It comes out when i try going hi rev and it goes off when i change to a higher gear. so drove back home and did the engine check light procedure again, this time the code given was 1-2-2-3 and from the service manual it is stated that this fault has no other diagnosis except to change the ecu.

So anybody out there got a spare ecu for 155ts 8v. how much does this cost? and where can i get them?

To those people buying a used alfa like mine a 155 1.8ts 8v, when you start the car please notice that the injector light must light up before cranking. after the engine has started the injector light must go off. mine did not light up at all since i bought the car 2 months back. found out a week ago that the light bulb has been pulled out or disabled.

Actually was promised by the owner that the injector light problem wil be repaired before handing the car to me. so when handing over the car the time the ex owner said the injector light problem already solved, since first time buying alfa just accept it cause dunno how to see mah also when driving the time never see the light light up, but who knows that the light bulb has been pulled out.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: injector light problem

try resetting the ecu by unplugging the battery then connct back...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

injector , light , problem