Universal back box - fitting to 97 TS 2.0? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Universal back box - fitting to 97 TS 2.0?

Just bought a 97 TS 2.0 16v to replace my ailing 92 Lusso and rushed to buy a cheap universal fit back box before finding out about the car's complex exhaust arrangement..

Has anyone had any experience fitting a universal box?
I suspect that both boxes on the back section are blowing; do you reckon I could replace with single box and extra piping?

Or shall I give in and spend 170 on a complete new back section?

Any help much appreciated!

Tempra til I die...
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Universal back box - fitting to 97 TS 2.0?

The middle section includes a small front silencer (just behind the catalyst) and that big lozenge shaped box under the n/s passenger seat.

The back box should be just the single silencer that's visible through n/s the rear wheel arch.

If either of the mid-section chambers are holed you'll need a new mid-section (100 for Bosal or similar).

www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/bosal have a section where you can see what everything is supposed to look like and a 2-day delivery if you buy it.

I have seen Custom stainless steel systems (Powerflow etc.) where the twin-chamber arrangement has been replaced with a single chamber system (a silencer where the first small silencer is but a pipe instead of the lozenge box) but the main reason for this is to get "sound". The lozenge box makes the biggest difference to silencing the car.

I think you need a new mid-section (see Bodyshopwarehouse site for all the gaskets, bolts and clamps you might also need) and then it'll be a case of seeing how your back box mates up to that.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

back , box , fitting , universal