Brake servo problem? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
graham williams
Brake servo problem?

Hi ,my 96 2.0 16v sportpack has a strange brake feel ,if i brake steady with a firm pressure on the pedal it seems ok,but if i have to brake quick the pedal seems to go hard !!as if the servo is not working ,but if you do the engine off test and pump the pedal hard then turn on ,the pedal sinks slightly and seems okay.
I thought it might be the vac hose?I had a look at the servo[how the hell do you get at it!!!!!]and it looks like the valve/hose that goes into the servo seems not to fit proper?I cant get at it to see if i can push it in the servo further, is the fit of the valve, right in the servo?[hope i made myself clear]?
The car only gets used once a week [44000]from new ,could it be air in the system?and not anything to do with the servo?
I may be able to get at it by removing the air intake chamber[anyone removed this? how much do you need disconect to move it ?
Sorry if i went on but anyone got any ideas?

Cheers Graham
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Brake servo problem?

Did it act differently before? It sounds reasonable to me.

If the servo' isn't doing it's thing from a quick application you'd really know about it - it just wouldn't stop unless you stood on the pedal.

Ralf S.
graham williams
Re: Brake servo problem?

Hi Ralf ,i cant seem to recall if it was different before[things just tend to change over a long period and you dont realy notice when it started so to speak]
When i apply the brakes say 2-3 times in quick succsession the feel is that the pedal goes hard on the 2-3 rd time and it seems that i am not getting much servo assist .[and yes it seems as if i have to stand on the pedal]
But if i then release the pedal and then re apply in a steady motion it seems ok!!!!
As i said i have not been using it much over the past couple of years and i drive a new car full time during the week and that has quite a high servo assist ,but i do not think i am comparing the two so to speak,the alfa does not seem to have the right feel,does your pedal feel any difference after a few quick applications?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

brake , problem , servo