Couple of questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-07-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

Red Abarth 500c

Couple of questions

Hi can anyone help with a couple of things for a fairly new 155 owner?
Firstly the warning light panel in the centre above the radio shows the low oil light all the time...I assume this is a problem with the sensor...Can anyone tell me where its located?
Second,she is a bit hesitant at low revs,mifires a bit and doesnt really start to pull well until about 4000rpm and sometimes cuts out alltogether for about a second then were off again (with wiplash ) there is also popping and banging on the overrun...can anyone shed any light on this for me please??
She is a 2.0L ts 8 valve

Thanks in advance Ian
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: Couple of questions

Warning light, loads of people have this problem, it's a pain in the a5re to change, usual solution is sticky tape or remove the bulb

Second problem sounds like it could be the airflow meter (AFM) looks very much like the symptoms Does the injector light come on? (Not that I know whether the 8v's have em??) Located just after the air filter and air temp sensor, Marlon's done a fix thing for the 8v versions try this

hope that helps
AO Member
Re: Couple of questions

For the missfire I'd also check for splits in the big diameter corigated pipe that feeds the injectors (to the right of the engine). Easy way for this is to leave engine running and then apply pressure on pipe with your weight, mechanic was able to stall my engine as he opened a split wide enough to allow to much air in after the MAF, twisting of the engine at low speed gives the same effect.
Hope you sort it soon

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

couple , questions