155 Brain Tumour - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
155 Brain Tumour

My 155 has a dead ECU thanks to my Father testing the fan with 12 volts up the temp sensor. I need to find a new one which he will pay for but it seems like a good time to start a policy of regenerate and uprate. Does anyone know of a supplier who can get me a unit that is effectively 'chipped' and will cost less than a Bosch exchange item.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

not cossiekilling
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: 155 Brain Tumour

Welcome to the site shame it's on such a sad note

Last year I managed to blow my ecu (whilst trying to chip it ) on these beasties it's not quite as simple as just changing the ecu, because due to the code system you need the ecu, code box and key chips to match, so basically new will cost you alot more than the car's worth

A squadra or Autodelta (I think) will cost you at least £170ish new so if that's what you want to do that's serious money

What you need to do is find someone who has a second hand ecu, code box and keys chips (MUST BE FROM THE SAME CAR! and a 2.0 16v 155) that is the only way to do it (from experience) under £500, I tried to get mine mended, looked into new ones and wasted alot of money till I got my replacement about 2-3months later

And yes I agree this'll sound like a set-up BUT I happen to be breaking a 2.0 16v now oh and i'm in Kenton

Whatever, if you'd like to talk it over (even if it's just to ask) ring me on the number I've just PM'd you and I'll try and help you

156 GTA, 155 16v and a Grand Vitara for the winter!
AO Member

Thompa, what did you do to blow the ECU while attempting chipping??
I am contemplating chipping my 155, but dont want to do so if there's a chance of frying the ECU.
AO Silver Member

I blew the original chip because I didn't earth myself, so the static charge from my body fried the chip, the new chip didn't work so I was left totally screwed Basically make sure you're super careful and earth yourself

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

155 , brain , tumour