Wheel Alignment for 155 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 08-06-05 Thread Starter
Wheel Alignment for 155

I have also expierenced the excessive wear on the inner edges of the front tires on my 155.
I have just put under new tires and changed the wishbone bushings to Powerflex bushings and everything else seems to be in order in the front end.
I had the tyre shop that swapped tires for me to check the toe-settings and the changed it from toe-out to toe-in (I never found out exactly how much). Anyway the steering response is now not as good as it has been and after reading the topics here in the forum it seems to me that there should be a slight toe-out on the front.
What are the exact numbers for the toe? Or are there some other settings that could be used to minimize the wear on the front tires?

Sponsored Links
Re: Wheel Alignment for 155

I had mine done recently after it ate the inside edge of the OSF tyre. Apparently 155s are known for wearing the inside edges - especially if lowered.

The printout from my alignment lists these figures...

Front (each wheel).
Caster 3 to 4 deg
Camber -1.25 to -0.59 deg
Toe -0.03 to 0.03 deg

Total front toe -0.05 to 0.05 deg

Rear (Each wheel).
Camber -1.25 to -0.75 deg
Toe -0.11 to 0.19 deg

Total rear toe -0.22 to 0.38 deg

... These are from a RHD 1997 2.0 16v widebody, but the specs list 155 '91 - '97. The figures were listed by their machine rather than Alfa, so they may not be perfect.

Short answer.. toe should be near enough 0 front and rear. Bear in mind that you will be unable to adjust a lot of these values. I have a bit too much negative camber on the left than the right.

Hope this is useful.

AO Platinum Member
Re: Wheel Alignment for 155

Yes - anywhere between 0 and +/- 0.1 for toe settings (from memory) does it for a Skinny '55.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

155 , alignment , wheel