back box trouble! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
back box trouble!

i cant remember if the silverstones had a straight through back box or not, i'm sure that they do, i've recently taken the two silencers out of my 1.8 16v, but it doesn't have a straight through back box and wanted to fit one from a silverstone, can any one help me out with any idea's. and if replacing it makes any diff to the car?

i'm trying to pick up the performance but good exhausts seem to be hard to come by for this car without having to pay a fortune. also any other idea's would be great,

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Down in the Park
Re: back box trouble!

You could gfet a generic straight through backbox. They can be had for about 50. Just requires some elbow grease and a bit of welding to get them to fit, etc...

I don't know if the backbox of the Silverstone is straight through, but it really doesn't matter if you still have your cat and the other 2 silencers in place. By removing the cat you can gain about 5 HP though, and about 5 Nm also...

Cuore Sportivo 155
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 03-05-05 Thread Starter
AO Member

i have just removed the 2 silencers, there in the bin somewhere, if the cat is removed tho, will i have to keep putting it back in for mot or will it pass no probs, any idea's where i can get hold of a generic box then?

The Silverstone engine/exhaust is the same as the standard 1.8 8v, i don't think it's what you're after.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

back , box , trouble