Here are a list of faults I've had on my 1996 WB 1.8 16v:
* Electric Boot Release mechanism failed
* Radius arm needed replacing (caused handling to be a nightmare!)
* Heater only gets luke warm (Alfa specialist think it's the directional flaps in the heater matrix.... too expensive/too much hassle to replace)
* Petrol Filler Cover Flag fell off (probably not a common fault!)
* Fuel Injector warning light illuminates every few months and engine looses power (cleaning Airflow meter connections sorts this one)
* Indicator relay clicking at Random (cleaning contacts on stalk cured this)
* N/S Electric wing mirror stopped working
* O/S Electric window mechanism/motor is very noisy
* Alarm goes off for no apparent reason now and again
Other than the above, just general consumables (brake disks/pads, exhaust etc).
I've now covered over 25,000 miles and still going strong. Would definetely consider another.
Hope this helps. RobT