central locking problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
central locking problem

hi, i have central locking on my car but the drivers side rear door does not work on it. it will sometimes lock with the car but never unlocks with out lifting the button yourself. is this comon problem would you know? any ideas what it could be?

Sponsored Links
Re: central locking problem

Short answer... I don't know.

It could be a duff electrical connection somewhere, or a mechanical problem with the lock itself.

I had problems with a rear door not closing after being opened, but that was the latch, rather than the lock. Problem was the latch wasn't greased (and didn't look like it had been - ever).

I suppose at least yours locks, so you can leave the car secure.

Best I can suggest is to have a look through the workshop manual and see what could be wrong. It can be found here... http://www.spider.pp.ru/ar155-repair/

Hope this helps,

AO Member

I have the same problem , but my door is stuck. It doesnīt open at all. You canīt open it, because itīs stuck or something? Sometimes it open and now Iīm waiting for that and then take the door panel off and cheched it.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

155 Q4

there is small micro switches in the lock mech's that can cause probs with central locking not working , there is in the manual the colour cdes for the lock wire maybe adding 12volts to the right one will open stuck door? but i imagine its more of a mechanical fault with the stuck door.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 155

central , locking , problem