fuel injector led light
The fuel injection light comes on once in a while. When this happens, RPM goes up, above 1500 RPM, and sometimes it goes down, below 800 RPM, which is the idling speed. Two years ago, engine ran bad. Oxygen sensor was replaced and problem was solved. But oxygen sensor installed was not original and a few months ago engine started to run bad again. This time, I replaced myself the oxygen sensor with an original one. Engines runs fine again, but injector light keeps coming on sometimes and influencing the RPMS. Another problem, which might be related to above: when throttle pedal is released, RPM does not go down to idling speed (800rpm) imediately. RPM doesn’t go down at all when car is moving in neutral (downhill, for example). When brakes are applied and car comes to a complete stop, RPM then goes down. I do not understand what the RPM has to do with the movement of the car.
- Gasoline filter was replaced in August 2004.
- Fuel injection system was cleaned-up in August 2004.
- Fuel pump pressure was tested in August 2004: 3.0 bar with pressure regulator vacum hose disconnected and 2.6 bar with vacum connected.
- Idling speed sensor was replaced in December 2004.
- Oxygen sensor was replaced in January 2005.
- Please, help!! This little injector light drives me mad and the unstabel RPM also!!